Data series no longer clickable and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data series no longer clickable and...

On a chart, I previously can double click one the data bars to call up the Data series configuration window. This no longer works. Can any one give me a hint on how to enable it again?

Also, in the ControlCenter>Execution tab, is there a way that when I double click on a transaction, the chart that contains the instrument can zoom/snap immediately to that execution location? Any help is very much appreciated!

Hello Timko,

Thank you for your note.

Do you have many indicators applied to the same panel of your chart? If so, it could be that the indicators are being plotted above the bars which can make it difficult to double click on them. You can change the Z-order of chart objects by holding the CTRL button and scrolling the mouse wheel after selecting one of the chart objects, this should allow you to easily double click on the bars.

There would not be a way to double click on an execution in the executions tab to zoom in on an execution location on a chart, you can right click on an execution and open it into a chart by selected "Chart" but that would be the only charting feature in that tab.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

chris, thanks for your reply.
      well, when I clicked on any indicator element, the indicator plotting is neither not selected. did I turn off something?

Comment

Is this one chart window responsive in any way? For example, can you right-click on the chart to access that menu and then select Data Series or Indicators? Or is that unresponsive as well? Can you recreate this symptom in a new chart window?

Comment

right click to call up menu is possible. all functions are ok except that on clicking any of the visual elements inside the chart on any of the panels, the element/data is not selected. also,
          the workspace has 2 charts. the other chart has no problem at all.

Comment

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)

It seems like that single chart is corrupt in some way. Are you able to create a template from that chart? Follow these steps:
            • Right-click on the chart > Templates > Save as...
            • Name the template 'test' > Save
            Can you recreate this symptom on a new chart? Follow these steps:
            • Control Center > New > Chart
            • Use the same data series settings, but make sure to have '<none>' selected in the top right for the template
            • Does the symptom persist now?
            • If not, right-click on the chart > Templates > Load > Choose 'test'. Does the symptom persist now?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Aviram Y  
            Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse