Error when Importing file NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when Importing file NT8

I am trying to import a new indicator for NT8 and got the following message (see Error log). I read other similar threads and followed what was suggested by NT support i.e. looking in Custom/bin/ Various folders for .cs files only which I did.

No success. Downloaded latest version of NT8 went to NinjaScript Editor and tried to compile a random indicator with following error. (Please see Error Log 1)

Rockstar-2.dll indicator couldn't be found (reason was I deleted it as it and its components were coming up as errors when I did an initial compilation).

Still no success. Can you assist please as this error is affecting other custom indicators I am using.

If a quick fix is to reinstall my custom indicators again I am willing to do this but will need detailed guidance from you as to how to proceed as I am not that technically inclined.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
    Bill
    Attached Files

Hello Bill,

Unfortunately, re-installing NinjaTrader does not remove your settings and will not correct the compile error.

Below I am linking a post where I have steps to show what the errors are so that references to the 3rd party scripts can either be added or removed as needed.

Please follow the steps outlined in this post and take a screenshot of the error messages with the names showing and I can provide more steps to either remove or add references.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Screenshot as Requested

Hi Chelsea,

See attached screenshot with full Error displayed. Note there is no Line or Column the error appears in.

Understand re installing NT8 I was referring to me deleting every custom indicator then reinstalling them to try to overcome this error.

If this is the only solution I need assistance/steps on how to do this.

Await your response.

Regards,

Bill
      Attached Files

Comment

Forgot to Mention

Hi Chelsea,

Further to my reply to your earlier email, I forgot to mention that this error appears on every indicator when I try to compile i.e. custom AND NT8 standard indicator.

Thanks

Bill

Comment

Hello Bill,

Thank you for sending the screenshot.

The errors are indicating that files have been improperly removed from the file-system, or could indicate that a backup was restored that did not contain the NinjaScript files but contained a Configuration with references to these assembly files.

To resolve the errors, the references to these missing files will need to be removed.
          1. Right-click within the NinjaScript Editor window and select "References".
          2. Locate and select the reference to the .dll file mentioned in the Error (in this case, IT_RockStar_2.dll).
          3. Click "Delete" to remove the reference to the incorrect path.
          4. Click "Add"
          5. Locate the file for the file mentioned in the error and select it if available.
          6. Click "Open" to add the reference.
            (If the assembly dll file is not available, this may be missing from the computer. Correct all errors, compile, then re-import from the original source)
          7. Repeat for any remaining files mentioned in the errors (<name>.dll)
          8. Click "OK" and recompile.
            (Repeat from step one if this generates new errors)

As a heads up, moving forward never manually delete files from or manually add files to the NinjaTrader 8 folder in documents unless directed by the NinjaTrader Support staff.

Instead, to remove a third party assembly package please:
          • Click Tools -> Remove NinjaScript Assembly...
          • Select the assembly to remove -> click the Remove button
          To remove open source indicators:
          • Click New -> NinjaScript Editor -> select to expand the Indicator folder
          • Right-click the indicator by name -> select Remove
          To remove an open source strategy:
          • Click New -> NinjaScript Editor -> select to expand the Strategies folder
          • Right-click the strategy by name -> select Remove
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 03-26-2020, 07:30 AM.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks

Hi Chelsea,

Just a quick note to say everything seems to be working again.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bill

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888