Forex data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex data

Hi i have been trying to setup the ninjatrader demo to show forex live data but i'm not sure how to do that. i have been trying to figure this out and still not sure how to go about setting up to trader forex. Can someone tell me how to set this up? I'm new to ninjatrader so i'm a newbie. Thanks in advance

First get your data feed from here (free): https://ninjatrader.com/FreeLiveData
    Second, in the email they send you, set it up inside of NT8 under your Connections menu. THis will be different for futures or forex. Futures data is a 2 week trial, forex data is free forever...

Start at the 5 min mark here https://youtu.be/R2-XvPbZ5NA?t=300 and just noticed you said forex in the heading, so this is their connection guide https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide
    Last edited by User1104; 10-28-2019, 05:29 AM. Reason: adding connection guide

Comment

Hello hayabusa1208,

Thank you for your note.

As long as you are connected to the free FXCM forex demo available from the link User1104 provided, you should have access to forex data.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Thank you i have setup the forex live data. Can i know why it's not showing me the lost/profit amount on the superdom? Please see screenshot. It's showing $0.00 no matter if the pips goes up or down. Am i using the correct one? Thanks

Comment

Hello Hayabusa1208,

Thank you for that update.

How many contracts are you trading on that market at the moment.

I can see your PnL is red which means that it is reporting however your contract amount is likely too small to register as a full cent of profit or loss. Forex contracts are very small amounts so they are generally traded in lots, or groups of 100,000 contracts at a time. If you're only trading a few contracts, likely your PnL isn't high enough to register as a cent of Profit or Loss.

For more information on working with Forex, please visit the link below:Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
          Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jeronymite  
          Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
          7 responses
          0 likes