NSE data from Interactive Brokers error blank charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSE data from Interactive Brokers error blank charts

Hi, I'm new to NinjaTrader. I have a live account with Interactive Brokers & I'm trying to get IB data into NT8. I tried to follow the instructions given here - https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ad.php?t=51177 but all I'm seeing is a blank chart, & the NT8 Log keeps saying that the instrument is not enabled to receive real-time data, even though I DO have real-time data enabled for NSE on TWS. How do we determine the symbol-map for each instrument in IB? I tried with the symbol-name that comes up when you right-click on any symbol in Classic TWS & I also tried the XYZ-NSE-STK-INR. I'm attaching the NT8 Log below if it would clue you in on what I'm doing wrong.

Hello sine8181,

Thank you for your post.

Please go to the NinjaTrader Control Center > Tools > Instruments > search for one of the instruments you added > select Edit > and then please take a screenshot of the full Instruments window for the instrument with the Symbol Mapping visible for Interactive Brokers and attach the screenshot to your response.

I would also like to ask what version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

In addition, please advise what version of TWS you are using. You can check under TWS -> Help -> About -> Scroll to the Build #

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Thanks. I hope this covers it.

NT version

Instrument window 1

Instrument window 2

TWS version

Comment

Hello sine8181,

Thank you for your response.

Please update NinjaTrader 8 to the latest release and let me know if this corrects the errors.
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Comment

Hi, followed your instructions but still, the same error, & chart comes out blank.

Comment

Hello sine8181,

For the ACC stock you are attempting to create can you detail if you are looking for the ACC Futures or the ACC Limited?

Can you locate your Stock using the Interactive Brokers Symbol Lookup at the following link?

Comment

I was looking to add the stock of ACC LIMITED but of course, once things are up & running, I'd also like to add its future as well as other stocks on NSE & their futures. Of course, I did try to fetch data for other symbols like ARVIND, BPCL & what not but had the same issue of getting blank charts, & hence, just sticking with ACC for the sake of consistency while we're trying to get things to work.

Here's the IB link for ACC - https://misc.interactivebrokers.com/...652144&lang=en

Comment

Hello sine8181,

For the Symbol Mapping make sure you are using exactly what is listed in the 'Symbol' field of the Interactive Brokers Symbol Lookup results. So in the case of the ACC you would use 'ACC' (without the quotes) as the Symbol Mapping.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hi, it worked with just ACC as the mapping, which is weird because that's what I tried to begin with, same with other stocks. Anyway, I'm glad that it's finally working.
                  Is there a way to preset charts to open with, let's say, 30 days' data? The default is 5 days & I have to keep changing it every time I open a new chart. Same with setting the new chart to open on a specific timeframes instead of opening on 1m by default. I'll go through Help to find more things, or get back to you. Thanks.

Comment

Hello sine8181,

Once you have the Data Series menu configured as you wish please right click and select 'Set As Default...'.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hello Sine8181

Are you using any additional data feed for NSE ?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                      166 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post sidlercom80  
                      Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes