Strategy Analyzer Stop Loss Take Profit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer Stop Loss Take Profit

I've searched the forum and can't seem to find an answer to the issue I'm having. I built a strategy that includes a take profit and stop loss. However, when I run it in the Strategy Analyzer, sometimes, it will take another trade even though my TP/SL hasn't been hit. I have restricted the trading time from 5a-12p and it's limited to 1 entry per direction. I changed the Entry handling option, but it's canceling a current entry to open a new one instead of waiting until it's flat.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to correct this? Thanks.

check your settings in case orders is set to 2 instead 1 (one Trade at a time)

Comment

Well it's set to 1 in the strategy and analyzer. The strategy is long only.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello coolbreeze,

Thanks for your post.

With reference to "...it will take another trade even though my TP/SL hasn't been hit." Are you seeing additional entries in the same direction or is this a change of direction (was long then short, etc.)?

If it is indeed a change of direction then you would need to ensure that your entry conditions include a check to see that you are in a flat market position before placing the entry order. An entry order in the opposite direction will automatically issue an order to close the current direction (Called "Close Position") and then a second order to leave you in that direction. For example if you were in a long position and the strategy issued an EnterShort(), you would see 1 sell order called Close Position which will flatten the position and then a 2nd sell order is issued to leave you in the desired direction.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It was in the same direction. I lost some of my settings last night, so I'll recreate the strategy and try again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rtwave
          by rtwave

Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes