Collapse

Trade Performance does not populate the Strategy name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the point adding votes if this is not being solved . 2 years ?!??! is it so hard to fix ?

Comment

Also could you show us a priority list of features that are part of the current/next sprint or planned in the next 3 months?

Comment

Hello honest-trader,

This information is not public and is held internally. As there are some tasks that we do not want to publicize and those tasks may result in other tasks being placed "on-hold," it would not be something we would be able to make available publicly.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I want to add a concern on this topic. So what this is to say is that if a computer restarts then performance by strategy is out the window without running a historical session in replay. That is ridiculous. Trade Performance needs to able to display the strategy name associated with each trade whether the strategy has been re-started or not. Otherwise, what is the point of the strategy name column? We already know that the realized P/L is re-set when the tool is re-started, so that is the only valid way to track strategy P/L in a session live. For those of us that build our own strategies, it is so obvious that "Trade Performance" needs to be able to retain the strategy associated with each trade whether the strategy has been re-set or not. If that is not the case, then the only recourse we have is the Realized P/L, which again, if the session is closed, is lost. In otherwise, as the tool is currently, if the tool is restarted, or if a strategy is turned off and back on, we no longer have a valid way to track strategy performance in Trade Performance. Seems SO obvious that we need that ability. So whatever historical information is saved in NT for each trade really needs to include strategy name going forward!

Comment

Thanks for your feedback JeffB77,

We have noted your interest and tracked a vote on your behalf.
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

+1 on the interested parties for this feature.

Comment

Please add my vote as well. I just don't understand how this is not a priority. Just save the strategy name in the table. I now have about 2 months worth of historical trades that I can do nothing with because I have no idea what strategy executed them. I'm going to have to revert to exporting the data every day.

Comment

+1 vote for me on this too.

2 Years and nothing... That is just derelict. Can we all pitch in and buy someone a steak dinner to get this done?

Comment

Does this limitation apply if the "Strategy" was/is an ATM Strategy?
                    Jim-Boulder
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Elephant Tracks

Comment

Hi Jim, the Trade Performance window will filter by ATM strategy used on the account. It can be seen if you pull up the Trade Performance window and click the Filter icon (it looks like a funnel).
                      Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
                        Hi Jim, the Trade Performance window will filter by ATM strategy used on the account. It can be seen if you pull up the Trade Performance window and click the Filter icon (it looks like a funnel).
                        Will NT retain the ATM name even after I shutdown and come back to Trade Performance report? -- this whole thread is about the fact that NT loses track of the "strategy" name. I am asking if this is true if in my strategy code, I call an ATM strategy to manage the trade.

What if I manually enter trades using an ATM strategy, does it lose those links too?

I mean if NT is closed, or if I disable the strategy if I am not manually using an ATM strategy.
                        Jim-Boulder

Comment

Hello, thanks for the follow up. When a strategy submits an ATM strategy it is basically like automating the process of submitting an ATM strategy manually, so yes, the ATM strategy will be included in the Trade Performance report, which persists even if the platform is restarted.

Comment

Strategy gives the ATM Strategy. Was hoping you meant that actual strategy (BOT) that caused the entry. Then another column for ATM used. May I request that be a requested modification?
                            Others may have been thinking the same thing.

Comment

Hi JMont1, this is what the feature request in this thread is requesting. I will add a vote to SFT-1817 for you.

Comment

The reason I asked about ATM -- is as a temporary work around you could build a ATM Strategy for each 'real' strategy...then at least when you run it you'd have the real strategy name, if you name your ATM strategy with the same or similar name. Its a painful workaround...but not as painful as losing all ability to analyze your custom strategy's performance.
                                Jim-Boulder

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                                Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                                Started by rjbtrade1, 11-30-2023, 04:38 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post DavidHP
                                by DavidHP