New Price Line Indicator Musings.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Price Line Indicator Musings.....

Looking at the new Price Line indicator....when you scroll back in a chart the Price Line remains locked at the Price where you started to scroll back....this can be a problem as the chart can then easily get scrunched (see screen shot below) and normal chart relationships are then hard to see...especially when comparing several charts or an indicator.....now as you scroll back the price of the last showing bar flips around live.... it seems to me this price is where you want your price line to show as you scroll.....so the chart does not get out of whack and you can easily see relationships of the last showing price to the chart....

Generally I like the tool quite a bit (when not scrolling back)....it is a great visual quick reminder of where the last price is at.

Something else am curious about.....the Price Line Feature # shows as 12750 in the release notes....but when searching the Forum for 12750 nothing shows up....I thought this would get me to the thread where this feature request was initiated (wanted to see interest and comments etc)....I tried a search on several other Feature #s in this release too....and nothing turned up on those also.....what is the scoop on this....??

Thanks........
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alfred; 05-30-2018, 06:28 PM. Reason: fixed "fowl" spelling

Hello Alfred,

Thank you for your post and feedback, I will certainly forward your notes to our development team for future consideration.

Regarding the Release Notes, the request ID is an internal tracking ID and does not correlate to the forum.

Let us now if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The ID for this request is SFT-3248. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. If implemented, this would also list in the NinjaTrader Help Guide release notes (Help > Help > Release Notes).

Let us know if we may assist further.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
      Hello Alfred,

Thank you for your post and feedback, I will certainly forward your notes to our development team for future consideration.

Regarding the Release Notes, the request ID is an internal tracking ID and does not correlate to the forum.

Let us now if we may assist further.
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

EricB....Have noticed that if you turn off Auto scale on the Price Line indicator....then the chart will not become distorted as you scroll back to the left...this works well for me this way....can still use the Price Line and scroll back as may be occasionally desired.

Not sure now if there would be some advantage to possibly change things as suggested earlier....maybe one could look at historical Bid Ask lines at past times on the chart for clues on direction ??....any thoughts on this....??

Thanks.....

Comment

Hello Alfred,
          Currently there are no known issues with scrolling back with the price line indicator. Currently the price line indicator will only show the current ask or bid when the options are selected for ask/bid.

Comment

Could you please give me the link for price line indicator? Thanks

Comment

Hello Mikelucas,
              The price line indicator is within NinjaTrader 8 as a native indicator. You may select it within the indicator menu.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Aviram Y