is NT8 just a buggy or am I asking to much from it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is NT8 just a buggy or am I asking to much from it

i have installed m reinstalled NT8, Windows etc etc over this year several times. Nt8 at best works for a week or two and then I have series of crashes, freezes. its like the worse unreliable software I have seen. How do people trust this system, specially if you are using it to setup some sort of an autotrading setup.

Note: yes i have been in touch with NT support, they have logged tot he system, always have a reason why that would be happening. look its fixed now. but bang few weeks in its falling over its head. nb: I have a life time licence!

Hello [email protected],

Third party addons or an incorrect setup (such as virtualization software like parallels, the documents on a networked drive, anti-virus, onedrive, backup software) can cause NinjaTrader to crash.

From the help guide about 3rd party addons:
    "NinjaTrader 8 provides a development environment allowing low-level access to 3rd party developers to build integrated indicators, drawing tools, automated strategies and more. An Add-On with software bugs can have adverse effects on the entire NinjaTrader application. These add-ons also natively run on your computer, therefore, its important to only install 3rd Party Add-Ons from sources you trust."

If there was a reason the crashing was occurring that the technician identified, was this resolved or the indicator responsible removed?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Without the add-ons NT is just an ancient piece of software compared to more advanced charting platforms such as TradingView.com. Most of the add ons I am using are from reputable suppliers of Ninjatrader. Its not just me, here is a thread on this subject where others are reporting same issues... https://futures.io/elite-circle/4909...tml#post752591

Comment

Hello [email protected],

That is generally true of Microsoft Windows as well. Without programs to run, it may not be of much use.

And like Windows, Microsoft cannot guarantee that a program written by a 3rd party developer to run on windows will not crash.

We are not able to visit (or mention) the forum you have linked.

Please let me know if you have any issues with the NinjaTrader Platform directly (without using addons) you would like troubleshot.

Comment

Hello [email protected],

You are correct in that the support staff must be able to reproduce the error or behavior for this to be reported to our development.

Our development does not work with clients to be able to reproduce the behavior and must have extremely clear extremely simple steps to reproduce.
          To correct an issue, the development must be able to reproduce the behavior so that they can find cause of the behavior and to confirm the behavior is corrected.
          Also, our staff receives many reports of 'bugs' that are not bugs but are the designed behavior of how NinjaTrader works. We do not report these to our development.

Sometimes it may take several correspondence to clarify the steps to reproduce if the client has not provided simple and clear steps to reproduce.
          Unfortunately, this is not going to change. Our development does not have the bandwidth to work with clients to get a reproducible set of steps and this is the responsibilty of the support team to work with clients to get reproducible steps so that we may report the behavior to our development.

Do you have an issue you would like assistance with?

Comment

FXCM LIVE: Your FXCM account is not authorized for use with the NinjaTrader platform. Please contact [email protected]. (Logon failed)

THis was working perfectely fine until 12 hrs ago, WTF is going on

Comment

There is a single day when i dont have issues with NINJATRADER, its such a buggy piece of s$%it.. now getting this error :
              FXCM LIVE: Your FXCM account is not authorized for use with the NinjaTrader platform. Please contact [email protected]. (Logon failed)

Comment

and it was working fine until 12hrs ago WTF why did i pay for this software and why

Comment

This is now becoming a daily routine, it runs fine for few hours and then plonks out without any warning and freezes. I have wired fast fibre connection, backup wifi connection, have no anti virus (just in case NT support blames that again), same instrument on 4 timeframes, one chart being used to trade. I have reported this now on several occasions and regardless how many times i clean install NT, its not a reliable system to trade a live account with at all. I have even recently cleaned install on a new drive. Nothing crashes on the system but NT , this is not just annoying and highly risky as f#@k!!!!!!!! HELP

Comment

Hello [email protected],

Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader.com so that we may assist with connecting to FXCM.

In the email please include a link to this forum thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post algospoke  
                    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes