Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filling tick chart

Hello everybody,

I am new to the forum and I have an issue with the tick charts. If I open NinjaTrader and later close it, when reopening this time lapse doesn´t appear charted if the chart is in ticks, in minutes there is no problem. How can I do to complete that space of time without charting?

Thank you very much.

When you say 'time lapse', are you referring to data be missing during the time NinjaTrader was disconnected/shut down? Can you elaborate and provide a screenshot of the difference in the minute chart (good) and tick chart (bad)?
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 12-19, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

Thanks PatrickG,

I mean, it doesn´t show tick data after my first connect at 11:05 am, all this data is summarize in a unique bar, as you can see in the screenshot. However, for 5 minutes chart all data are well charted.

- Version 8.0.19.1 64-bit
      - Connected to Interactive Brokers
      - MNQ 12-19
      - No error received.

Comment

Interactive Brokers does not provide NinjaTrader with historical tick data, so you're not getting 'backfilled' with historical data on your tick charts when you reconnect.

To solve this problem, you could do one of two things:

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Can I use NinjaTrader to trade with Interactive Brokers, or I may open an account with NinjaTrader brokerage?

Comment

Yes, Interactive Brokers is a supported broker. Please contact the Platform Sales Team directly via email ( PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com) for more information about live trading in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DJ888
              by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
              0 responses
              1 view