How do I connect stock quotes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I connect stock quotes?

I want to look at stories in the market player mode of American stocks. How should I do it? In CQG only futures, there are no stocks on the US market

Hello Adior,

Thank you for your post.

I have provided a publicly available link below to our YouTube video that provides a brief overview of downloading Market Replay data, connecting to the Playback Connection, and replaying data. If Market Replay data is not available, or you do not need the accuracy that Market Replay data provides, you can optionally use playback using historical tick data offered from your data provider. You can download, export, import historical tick data via the Historical Data Window:
    To use the Playback Connection you will first need to have data for Market Replay.

There are 2 ways of getting market data for Market Replay:
    1. Record live market data To do this you will need to enable the Market Replay Recorder by going to Tools> Options> Market Data > check 'Enable market recording for playback' > OK. Now data will be recorded for any instrument in any NinjaTrader window that is receiving live market data. Level II (market depth) data is only recorded if a Level II, SuperDOM, or FX Pro window is open and receiving data for the instrument. The Market Analyzer window is the recommended recording window as multiple instruments can be added to one Market Analyzer window and all recorded at the same time. Please see the following publicly available help guide page for more information: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ReplayRecorder
    2. Download replay data from the NinjaTrader server.

NinjaTrader offers a limited amount of replay data free to download. Only the most common instruments are currently available.

To download replay data:
    • Select the Tools menu in the Control Center, select the menu item Historical Data and select "Load" tab. Here the section "Get Market Replay data" can be expanded.
    • Select the instrument and date of the desired replay data and press the OK button to begin the download.

Please see the following publicly available help guide page for more information:

Notes:
    • Record for market replay must be disabled from the Data tab of the Options menu before downloading replay data.
    • NOT available when connected to the Playback connection.

To start playback, first disconnect from any other connections. Connect to the Playback Connection by going to Connections > Playback Connection.

Select the time frame for the Market Replay Data you would like to view. NinjaTrader windows will only display data for instruments and times you have data available.

You can check what data you have available by right clicking on the Playback Connect controls and selecting 'Available data'. Data will only be displayed within the selected time frame.

I have provided a publicly available link below to our Help Guide that goes over Market Replay.
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Comment

I need data for JD, how can I download it?

Comment

Hello adior,

Thank you for your reply.

NinjaTrader does not record replay data for that specific instrument. If Market Replay data is not available, or you do not need the accuracy that Market Replay data provides, you can optionally use playback using historical tick data offered from your data provider. You can download, export, import historical tick data via the Historical Data Window.

You would need to reach out to your data provider to ensure they provide data for that instrument, and how much data you can download.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Which provider should I choose to receive U.S. stock data?

Comment

Hello Adior,

Thank you for your reply.

We're unable to recommend specific providers for data, however you can review the link below to see which providers offer stock data and choose the connection that best fits for your use case.

Data by provider: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Thanks for this link

Comment

Hello Adior,

You're very welcome.

Feel free to message us directly through the platform at Help > Email Support. or by emailing PlatformSupport(at)NinjaTrader(dot)com

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Javierw.ok  
                  Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes