Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can no longer obtain more than one week of tick-level data on Kinetick data stream...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome thanks.

Could you offer some clarification as to what the 'Tracked Market Markers' does in the Level II right-click context menu? The help file doesn't really say.

I've tried adding the market makers I see in TWS such as EDGE, AMEX, DRCTEDGE and so on but I don't see the entries from these market makers.

The only thing that I can make happen with the 'Tracked Market Markers' is that when I select a market marker I do see data from (such as NASDAQ and SBSH) then these entries in the lower window appear black (lose their colors) and no other perceptible difference appears in any NT window.

What does this functionality do?

Comment

The 'Tracked market makers' is used to visually track individual market makers within level II data. You would need data from these market makers in order to be able to track them using this feature. Here is an example of a Kinetick connection tracking 'nyse' and 'edga' (they're now highlighted in black):

Comment

Hi Patrick, thanks again for the help!

Was the link an actual screen cast (animation) or a single picture (I was only able to see the picture)

If I understand correctly this feature won't be useful to me if I only pay for the NASDAQ data and the smaller market makers are not serialized from TWS to NT8.

However I don't understand what 'tracking' does... does it break down (expand) the tracked market makers in the stacked level II bar chart (middle of L2 window) so that say a given bid or ask price would no longer coalesced into a single bar if a tracked market maker is in that bar (ie. tracked market makers always get their own bar and are not 'flattened')

Or does it affect other windows (like SuperDOM) in NT8?

Comment

Just a still screenshot.

Correct - this will not be useful for you.

No, it simply visually highlights the lines of depth coming from that market maker.

No, this feature is only available in the SuperDOM

Comment

Awesome. Thanks again Patrick for the prompt and expert help! You guys rock!

I've verified from my strategy that I finally get data from OnMarketUpdate(). Hopefullly soon I'll be able to predict how the next few seconds will play out by unwrapping L2 data!

Do you know if there's a limit as on how many instruments can simultaneously steam L2 data?

Comment

You're welcome! We're always happy to help.

I believe the limit from Interactive Brokers is 3. I also believe you may be able to pay for more. I'd speak with Interactive Brokers support to learn more.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jaybedreamin