Transfer signals to other trade platforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfer signals to other trade platforms

Hello, I've got a trade system on NinjaTrader, I need to translate buy/sell signals, trailing stops and targets outside to other platform, how to do this?

Thanks
    Last edited by U0000999; 11-05-2019, 01:47 AM.

Hello U0000999,

Thanks for your message.

This would be dependent on the other trading platform and how it can receive signals for trading. For example, we have a DLL interface where another application can provide signals to NinjaTrader. If the other trading platform offers something similar, their interface could be used to have signals sent to their platform.

I would suggest checking how that platform can receive signals, and if you have any specific questions on how that could be accomplished, please write back here so we can share our insight.

I look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You know, yesterday it worked, but today it showed the same mistake again(((((

Comment

Hello U0000999,

We don't have any details on how you are integrating with the other platform.

What platform are you trying to submit orders to?

What are you currently doing to submit orders to that platform?

Our advice here may be limited, but if you provide further detail on what you are doing, we may be able to offer further insight.

Comment

I use only NinjaTrader, nothing Except this

Comment

Hello U0000999,

We haven't received any details for what you are trying to accomplish, what exactly you have attempted, or the exact issue that you are facing.

Please provide this detail so we can offer further insight.

Comment

Hi, generally it happens only on a mini S&P contract

Comment

Hello U0000999,

We still don't have any detail as to what your are specifically having trouble with.

If you are referring to a NinjaScript strategy which you have written, I would recommend reproducing the behavior with the strategy using the Playback Connection, and then using debugging prints to observe if your strategy logic controlling the order submission methods is becoming true and allowing these methods to be reached. If they are being reached but are not submitting, I recommend testing again with TraceOrders enabled to see if there are any internal rules that are preventing those order submissions.

Some items to check when you are taking debugging steps:
                1. Are your conditions allowing your order submission methods to be reached?
                2. Is the strategy currently in a position that is preventing it from submitting another entry order?
                3. Do you see any errors in the log tab of the Control Center or does Trace Orders give you any feedback?
                I've included some tips for debugging below. The Playback Connection can be used to replay data as if it were realtime.

Debugging Tips - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...script_cod.htm
                TraceOrders - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...aceorders2.htm
                Debugging in the Strategy Builder - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mTq...w?usp=drivesdk
                Playback Connection - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...connection.htm
                Debugging Demo - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rOz...w?usp=drivesdk

We look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

When I test my strategy, it shows sometimes unpredictable big loss/profit (as shown in attachment), it couldn't be because it's not written in strategy. You said, that I need to clean cash folder, yes it works, but mini S&P contract still shows errors. Usually this happens at the end of the month or at 1 number of the month.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by U0000999; 02-10-2020, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Hello U0000999,

You are referring to the price action on the chart, this would not be attributed to running a strategy. The strategy will then use this data to calculate trades.

Clearing cache folders is not recommended for general maintenance as the bar cache is intended to speed up the platform.

Gaps on a chart can be seen when a NinjaTrader loses connection and the data is not seen for that period. NinjaTrader may then re-establish the connection and continue receiving the realtime data that comes in. If you right click on the chart and select Reload All Historical Data, the data will be re-requested for the full chart and the gaps should be filled.

If you need further assistance with data issues, I suggest writing in to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with your log and trace files. and a screenshot showing the instrument and time frame as well as the data on the chart that is in question. Please reach out to me there with your log and trace files and include the text "Attn Jim 2325479" and a link to this thread if this is the case.

Attaching Log and Trace files

You may follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to Platform Support.
                    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
                    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
                    I look forward to assisting.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                    47 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post aligator  
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses