Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Plan to Utilize Multiple CPU Cores?

Hi,

Is there any plan for NinjaTrader to utilize multiple CPU cores?

I use the AMD Threadripper 1950X, which is a 16 core 32 thread processor, its overclocked to 4.1 GHz. I have 32 GB Ram, a Nvidia 1080ti GFX card, and use a M.2 NVME drive

All in all, in comparison to the vast majority of trader's systems, my system is pretty insane. As far as improvements to hardware that would affect trading software there's really very little improvements that I could even make.

With that being said, I have some pretty horrendous performance with NinjaTrader8, especially when it comes to initial start up load times. Now I do recognize that I use a pretty hefty amount of tick data. I look at 5 minute, Footprint (using volume bars), and 30 minute charts. On 5 mins I use 21days, Footprint 5 days, and 30 min 30 days for data series. On each of those charts I have session volume profiles and cumulative delta on the charts, on the 5 min charts I also have RVOL calculated from tick data, And I look at 2-4 instruments at a time.

This setup takes about 45 minutes of loading/tweaking time each morning. Initially I launch Ninja and it is disconnected from my data on startup because if it is connected right away it will crash, then I give it roughly 1 minute before connecting to data. If I take too long to connect to my data, lets say 5 minutes, then upon connection my charts will time-out and never actually load, or sometimes will display incorrect information. After connecting to data I need to wait about 15 minutes for the charts to load up completely. Once that load is done, I have to right click one of the charts on each instrument and select reload all historical data, because although the bars loaded, historical tick data was not loaded, so I do not have volume profile, cumulative delta, or RVOL showing up. So after selecting reload all historical data for each instrument it takes around an additional 15 minutes of load time, however during this time, I sometimes experience crashes, or data is displayed incorrectly (sometimes even unbeknownst to me). Which either prompts a restart entirely, another reload of data, or possibly trading errors due to inaccurate price information.

I have had many support tickets and calls, even remote login support on 3 different occasions. All without any real solutions, (only workarounds like not connecting to data on start-up). I am being told that my charts are intensive on my CPU, however I showed the technician via hardware monitor that my CPU is never coming under load, in fact, even when trying my hardest I cannot get NinjaTrader to utilize more than 15% of my CPU's available processing power. I was told this is because NinjaTrader will only use 1 core per instrument, so even if 16 cores are available, whilst loading the ES for example, it will utilize just 1 core. Despite that being the case I still believe Ninja is performing poorly, because 1 core at 4Ghz with this type of data should not take this long, I have been unable to recreate this poor performance with any other software, trading or non-trading related.

For reference, I have used the IRT platform with the EXACT same setup as a test. I actually loaded up IRT with the same exact indicators, chart intervals, and instead of using 5, 21, and 30 days look-back periods, I used 90 days look-back period for ALL charts with tick data. IRT loaded these charts almost instantly. I mean I would be exaggerating if I said it took longer than 30 seconds.

So in performance difference we are seeing 30 seconds with IRT under a seemingly heavier load (processing triple the amount of ticks) able to do what it takes NT8 30+ minutes to do with 1/3rd of the ticks to calculate. Pretty bad honestly.

In all reality I wanted to make the switch to IRT, and still might, the problem is I do a lot of very short term trading not necessarily scalping for ticks but I trade high volatility events like news releases etc. So the ATM strategies are quite useful to me. In IRT for some reason when using a rithmic connection you can have automated targets but when moving your stop the BE that must be done manually, which is just problematic for me to be honest at the pace in which I trade. So I made the return to NT8 based on order executions. But in reality there are so many occasions that I start my day late, or find myself still working on pre-market analysis going into the open because I just cannot get NT8 data loaded up properly, it starts my days off with a lot of frustration and I don't want to continue to do that each day, it's annoying to say the least.

I am wondering if NinjaTrader has any plan to allow the platform to utilize more cores and possibly make these issues more efficient. I am seeing other traders mention they have problems with 1 minute data and problems with their tick data indicators I think all of these issues are related to what I am experiencing. At this point it is starting to become unacceptable. I would like to know what plans development has for the future (if any) to increase efficiency? If some changes are not made soon, I am either going to move to a different software like market delta, or sierra, or switch to IRT and code an execution algo for my order management. I spent far to much money on my PC for it to perform like a toaster in NT8, and with the only explanation being "well tick data slows it down", it's 2019, other platforms can handle it, when can we expect Ninja to improve efficiency? I don't want to leave, love the platform, but the performance is going to make the decision for me.

NinjaTrader 8 is multi-threaded and can, in theory, utilize all available cores of your processor. With that said, depending on how you're using NinjaTrader, you may be bottle-necking a thread. One core concept that is important to understand about NinjaTrader's multi-threaded design is that each instrument is assigned to a thread and all windows with that instrument will run on that same thread. This is done so that an instrument cannot become out of sync with itself. Here is a simplified example:
    • 10 charts with 10 separate instruments = 10 threads.
    • 10 charts with 1 instrument in all charts = 1 thread
    Your loading time is astronomically high and you're also reporting symptoms that sound as if NinjaTrader has a tough time even getting off the ground. This is obviously not ideal nor expected from our perspective.

There must necessarily be some heavy lifting happening in your workspace(s). I'd like to learn more about your workspaces to better understand if the above is applicable and also see if there are some fundamental performance items that could be tweaked.
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • How many open workspaces are there? You can see this in the Control Center's Workspaces menu. Here is a link with more information on managing workspaces:
    • How many total charts are there?
    • In those charts, how many total tabs are there?
    • In those chart tabs, how many total indicators are there?
    • Are those indicators all built in? Or do you utilize custom add-ons?

Comment

I have 1 chart on my primary screen with 5 ES tabs and 5 CL tabs, on another screen 1 chart with 5 GC tabs, 1 more with 5 NQ tabs, then I have 4 DOMs and 4 T&S on another screen.

So 3 charts, 20 tabs, 4 DOMs, 4 T&S

I'm using both native and custom indicators, however I use the MZpack suite for the orderflow tools, as I do not have the NinjaTrader orderflow tools. I reached out to the sales department quite a while ago about "testing" the native NT8 orderflow tools, because I am unwilling to buy the full version if I will have similar performance. I don't recall the exact reply but essentially they did not want to let me do that without purchasing a life-time license. Other custom indicators I use is an RVOL indicator using tick data because using a native volume indicator with a moving average over it is calculated on bar close and I need on each tick. I also use the indicator warehouse JournalLync indicator to automatically export my trade executions for journaling in TraderVue.

I have also tested the same thing with an ES + CL only workspace with similar issues actually, I would say there was a slight performance increase with GC + NQ removed, however removing half the charts did not have a doubling the performance effect. If I had to estimate I would say the difference was about 5-10% better. And when testing on a single instrument I would say performance is about 15-20% better. (Still quite the load times)

When using Ninja I only use 1 workspace at a time, I have made certain of that.

And interestingly enough, for whatever reason, GC consistently loads the fastest of any of my charts, I'm not sure why that is, GC, CL, and NQ are identical in terms of setup on my charts. ES uses slightly different intervals.

My version is 8.0.19.1 which I'm pretty sure is the most recent update, or at least it was the last time I reached out to support. And just to clarify your explanation, I am correct in thinking that because I am observing 4 instruments, I am using 4 cores or my processor? Correct? My original question about NT8 utilizing more cores is under the thinking that, if it is the tick data processing that is taking so long, if I could have multiple cores dedicated to 1 instrument it would speed up processing times. I suppose I could see how that could cause the instrument to become out of sync "potentially" but I would imagine that would happen in real-time, but wouldn't it provide benefit if another core could be utilized to help calculate the historical data, while remaining single core for the processing of incoming live data?

I guess I am speaking in theoreticals here my coding knowledge does not extend to hardware utilization, but I am under the interpretation that recruiting additional cores could still have beneficial effects. But nonetheless, I would expect better performance than this even out of a quad-core processor.

I also reached out to the company that produces MZpack, they claimed that the bottle necks for speed is within the NinjaTrader software, not due to the way they code their indicators, which I suppose is in their best interest to say, but they claim my results are a-typical.

I saw that you responded to my message in the other thread as well, I have been experiencing those index errors as well but I will respond in that thread to avoid confusion.

Comment

The short answer here is going to be that you're overloading NinjaTrader. With the addition of all your custom tools, NinjaTrader has little knowledge or control over how those add-ons will affect performance. You can read more about this here:
        The control and freedom that add-on developers have is both a blessing and a curse - developers can create very powerful and useful tools, but those same add-ons have the ability to bring NinjaTrader to its knees. I suspect your custom Order Flow tools will be the most resource intensive along with the fact that you're loading weeks of tick data. For your reference, I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:
        The fundamental changes which you suggest might help loading time, but a fundamental change to how threading works would like require a major release update (I.E. NinjaTrader 8.1 or even NinjaTrader 9). With that said, we're always interested in making sure NinjaTrader is running as expected in it's current state.

You are using the most current version of NinjaTrader 8 at the date of this post.

I received your files (and will be following up via email about that specific error), however, I notice you have at least 11 different custom add-ons/suites of add-ons:

2019-11-05 09:11:01:171 Loading 3rd party ...Ciloci.Flee.dll...
        2019-11-05 09:11:01:171 Loading 3rd party ...ConvergentZonesNT8.dll...
        2019-11-05 09:11:01:171 Loading 3rd party ...CS_RelativeVolume_NT8_v1.dll...
        2019-11-05 09:11:01:171 Loading 3rd party ...GomProPackNT8.dll...
        2019-11-05 09:11:01:171 Loading 3rd party ...IwJournalLync_NT8.dll...
        2019-11-05 09:11:01:171 Loading 3rd party ...JigsawCommunication.dll...
        2019-11-05 09:11:01:171 Loading 3rd party ...JigsawToolsNT8.dll...
        2019-11-05 09:11:01:171 Loading 3rd party ...JTConnection.dll...
        2019-11-05 09:11:01:171 Loading 3rd party ...MZpack.NT8.dll...
        2019-11-05 09:11:01:172 Loading 3rd party ...PriceSquawkV5.dll...
        2019-11-05 09:11:01:172 Loading 3rd party ...SharedObjects.dll...
        2019-11-05 09:11:01:172 Loading 3rd party ...System.Drawing.dll...

The first thing I would do is make sure that you're running the latest version of all of your add-ons. There was a change in NinjaTrader 8.0.19.0 that required the attention of many developers in order to make their add-ons compliant. I would also recommend inquiring as to what settings in these add-ons can affect performance and what settings are recommended for performance optimization.

To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
        • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
        • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
        • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
        • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then send me a screenshot of it's contents
          • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
          • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          One core concept that is important to understand about NinjaTrader's multi-threaded design is that each instrument is assigned to a thread and all windows with that instrument will run on that same thread. This is done so that an instrument cannot become out of sync with itself. Here is a simplified example:
          How are thread assignments for instruments in the Market Analyzer handled? Some Market Analyzer instruments are also charted, and some are not charted. Is each non-charted instrument in the Market Analyzer assigned a thread, necessarily sharing charted instrument threads, or are all non-charted instruments assigned the same one thread, if available?

Comment

I used the word 'chart' in my statement, however, the same threading logic would be true with any data window - one instrument gets one thread regardless of window or the amount of windows that one instrument is loading in.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
              NinjaTrader 8 is multi-threaded and can, in theory, utilize all available cores of your processor. With that said, depending on how you're using NinjaTrader, you may be bottle-necking a thread. One core concept that is important to understand about NinjaTrader's multi-threaded design is that each instrument is assigned to a thread and all windows with that instrument will run on that same thread. This is done so that an instrument cannot become out of sync with itself. Here is a simplified example:
              If I run just one instrument (emini) then that will all be processed using one thread is what I am reading. My question is does that single thread get processed on one core (or two if virtual one is available) or does Windows spread the load around to other cores? I have read about people disabling 3 cores in the BIOS and overclocking the active one.

Once my cpu starts to go over 20-25% the chart I use for trading starts to run minutes behind the DOM and then that leads to all kind of bad things e.g. rejected orders etc.

I guess I am at a loss as to why hardware mfgs. have not addressed this market. Many apps are single threaded.

I know you will say NT is multi-threaded but when you are charting/trading only one instrument it effectively acts as a single thread app.

Anyways how many cores will the single thread utilize?

I ask because i am on the verge of buying an i9-9900, with a motherboard, ram, power supply, tower etc etc etc. which has the highest single thread performance as far as i can tell.
              Last edited by mmaker; 03-01-2020, 05:50 PM.

Comment

As i am running just one instrument at the moment I see the system is using cores 0 and 1 and Ninja is running 122 threads on cores 2,3,4 and 6 mostly. So I guess that answers my question. Thanks.

Comment

As the CEO of Nexgen Software Services, we have a VERY COMPLEX software program. I have found a solution that may help others who experience issues of super slow indicator load times or failure when using a dll and bid ask data for market volume charts market flow analysis etc.

I know this is WAY after the fact but after 1 year + of struggling with Ninja 8 + on our dll we have found a very powerful and successful resolution to at least one of the biggest issues. Crashing after you watch it struggle for 8 minutes.

1. If your DLL doesn't request enough memory space prior to the "first run" of your indicators, ninja 8 will attempt to run all of your charts and indicators and hit the allotted memory allocation. Usually for those with BID ASK tick data requirement this is slow already but is EXPONENTIALLY compounded for the following reason.
                  2. Ninja will need to dynamically ask windows for more memory space, but only AFTER a full run of indicators and failure which takes a huge amount of time depending on your charts and bid ask requirements. Only after ninja trader obtains the requested / memory and attempt to run indicators one more time, again painfully slow if you have complex indicators and crash again.
                  3. When and if it hits a memory allocation wall again, it will repeat process. Up to 3 times is our best guess before total failure, (maybe 3-4 times) and then if it doesn't eventually get the memory it needs, total crash. There is absolutely no way to know why as ninja does not allow us to trap the issue before the platform crashes/ closes and gives up.

Our solution-- instead of asking for an initial allocation block of say 4k ........we have experimented and asked for 8 12 &16k ( not what we use but you can insert your allocations here ) quadrupling the initial memory allocation before letting Ninja 8 loose on the code. This STOPPED the dynamic re-upping of memory and subsequently stopped the "rerunning" of our indicators 3-4 times.

We tested this with 1/2 that and then twice and then 4 times and 6 times the initial allocation.
                  Results:

ONE SMALL (5-1) CHART --- ES with 10 days back ... CRASHED AFTER HITTING A WALL at 8 minutes and never ran , i9900k chip overl****ed to 4.9 ghz and GTX 1660 oc card M.2 Samsung pro drive ... windows 10 pro so computer speed is NOT an issue--- and with no warning and platform closed.
                  SAME CHART SAME DAYS with twice the allocation and same indicators -- it ran in 5 minutes
                  Doubled the allocation one more time and the same chart ran in 2.5 minutes. Keep adding more until you do not see any speed increases in your dll.

Once you figure out how much you need to allocate for Ninja 8 to never has to ask for more, your indicators will run straight through on one run and you will end up with the fastest and most stable version of your DLL .

TRUST ME .. my heart goes out to all of you struggling with issues you have no way to possibly track before a failure. This one item made such a difference in our software, i am sure others out there will need this information.

John

Comment

Dear John,
                    It's music to my ears!
                    Thank you so much for your generosity and sharing out the info! This memory issue has been a deep trouble for me over the past 2 years and I had even reported the observation that NT8 couldn't break the 2GB, 4GB barrier. I thought that's something related to the file system limitation. On the support side, other than the ask for trace file, I don't observe NT (and my other vendors) takes the issue seriously. I only heard one LUCKY user received special attention and got his problem solved by NT. Well, I am not that LUCKY as the update version works for him doesn't work for me.
                    My salute to you and thanks a million! You make my day! Bravo! :-)

Comment

can't help myself but to chime in....
                      I'm not a programmer, but have some understanding. Per #timko I'd like to extend my thanks to John for taking the time, to help others. I'd also encourage you to share it outside the Ninja Forum - Futures.io Ninja Forum etc. unless your Vendor Licencing prohibits this.

I'm not a programmer, but..... the insight seems consistent with my years of Ninja User experience..... If your explanation is incorrect then we should see Ninja step in and enlighten as to why (albeit your experience can't be incorrect. I guess Ninja might challenge why it has been so, express opinion or give guidance on your solution... At least that would be constructive).

With 7, I would experience the symptoms described - lock up/crash on loading. Windows System Event Log Report errors citing Ninja, run out of memory etc. Hardware upgrades etc. My self-deduced (no assistance, insight or recommendation from Support, just the usual - it's your third-party indicators, it's your overly complicated workspace rhetoric) was to load each Instrument sequentially, using a macro to automate. It would take 30 minutes to load every morning, but as long as I let each complete before starting the next, no problem, stable thereafter. Not a snowflake's chance in hell of loading the same workspace successfully automatically.

Thinking NT8 multithreading may share the processing, I migrated (and adopted a strategy of creating workspaces with no third-party indicators - no hiding places, opportunities for obfuscation, and I don't use market volume, flow analysis, tick replay - data intensive etc just plain old charts and a ladder). Still, issues on loading including memory. Yet never troubling memory nor cpu. Windows Event Log citing Ninja.

So I upgraded to a twin Xeon cpu with memory and gpus to die for.

Still locking up and freezing on loading and running out of memory, yet never troubling hardware ceilings.

'It's your third-party indicators' - I don't have any, 'it's your overly-complicated workspaces' - just the common Futures and time-frames for day trading (not dissimilar to NexGen, having taken a peek), 'you've got multiple Data Series and a gazillion charts and indicators' - that's what the Platform requires to meet simple day trading needs, not my bad.

My requirements of the Platform have not changed substantively in several years.
                      My requirements of 8 have not changed since (my second attempt at) migrating over 2 years ago.
                      Only now (after R20) does it perform reliably as it should have over 2 years ago, without loading issues, lagging or freezing (although some operations still have issues - Editing an ATM Strategy, for example).

My heart goes out not only to fellow Users, but to Developers such as John having to 'reverse-engineer' such 'ways around.....'

Kind regards,

Comment

Originally posted by novaknexgen View Post
                        Our solution-- instead of asking for an initial allocation block of say 4k ........we have experimented and asked for 8 12 &16k ( not what we use but you can insert your allocations here ) quadrupling the initial memory allocation before letting Ninja 8 loose on the code. This STOPPED the dynamic re-upping of memory and subsequently stopped the "rerunning" of our indicators 3-4 times.

Once you figure out how much you need to allocate for Ninja 8 to never has to ask for more, your indicators will run straight through on one run and you will end up with the fastest and most stable version of your DLL .

Thanks for sharing the solution.

Could you share the context in which you are setting the initial allocation block values? Is this is a .NET setting or an NT8 setting or something in your custom code?

Comment

Aviat72 - Custom coding in our own proprietary software DLL is where we originally establish the memory allocations.

Comment

POSTED ON ANOTHER THREAD but it deserves posting here.
                            OK I HAVE SOLUTIONS ( WE THINK !!!) >>> they come at the end of 2 LONG LONG LONG LONG WEEKS OF SUFFERING! nothing like hundreds & hundreds of clients suffering through migration from Ninja 7 -8 !! Having ninja 8 crash every day 1-5 times per day... all sending in Ninja Support log files and all of them receiving the same answer .. it was Nexgen's indicators check with them. Fortunately we have a lot of VERY tech savy and smart clients and so far, ( cannot guarantee this works for all and always 100% ) but so far , this has been the fix to what we now call , "SPONTANEOUS SHUTDOWN" .. sounds better than "crash" .

First some basics, Nexgen.dll is the same C++ dll we run on TradeStation ( with zero crashes ) Ninja 7 with a rare crash and Ninja 8 with 1-5 crashes per day. https://www.screencast.com/t/UfpYKmaYOMY so to be clear.. same software on all 3 platforms.

After analyzing 1000 "spontaneous shutdown" from clients we all agree they stem from the drawing mechanisms most of the time in NT8.

attn: chelseaB--- maybe some prep-work for the NinjaTrader 8 installer may be needed before putting it on a dirty copy of windows???

We have prepared this "GUIDE" for setting up your computer right and hopefully eliminating crashes. If you have a laptop this is important.

Ninja Trader 8 Computer Prep & Trouble Shooting Guide
                            1. Ninja Trader 8 is sensitive to many things. Setting up your computer properly before you waste time chasing “spontaneous shutdowns” please follow these steps.
                            2. If you run a laptop- you must alter your power settings, so your CPU does not run at less than 100% by changing your power plan. Search power plan https://www.screencast.com/t/1sEziUW02zMo select change advanced and activate high performance plan https://www.screencast.com/t/1gSCHmaUz9y failure to do this in a laptop will result in your CPU using only 5% of its power making Ninja 8 unusable. If you do not need full power you can easily switch it back https://www.screencast.com/t/no2ExPXr
                            3. NT8 graphics relies heavily on Windows Direct X and .Net framework. Graphics and faulty drivers appear to cause most “spontaneous shutdowns” and to circumvent this you must clean up your copy of Windows.
                              1. This is the page to follow from MICROSOFT as you get into it please NOTICE “RUN AS ADMIN” for command prompt by right clicking on it. https://www.screencast.com/t/Va92QCYReZ If you fail to run as admin this will not work. Follow this page https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...rrupted-system
                              2. John Novak CEO of Nexgen’s main computer had issues and this is what it looks like at completion https://www.screencast.com/t/4PV8DCqJW
                              3. REBOOT YOUR COMPUTER NOW! Before Step 3
                            4. Outdated Drivers on your computer will also be a challenge for Ninja Trader 8. Visit https://en.softonic.com/download/dri...-post-download ( you may use a different program but this one is very effective) And download driver Booster. Run program and check reboot PC option
                            • YOUR COMPUTER WILL REBOOT.
                            1. Then you must do is check and apply any Windows Updates to make sure you are on correct revisions- download install updates and then reboot the computer when updates are complete https://www.screencast.com/t/qARTL3Qq
                            2. OPTIONAL https://bitsum.com/ this program allows you to control your CPU and Prioritize Ninja Trader 8 you can add this in later if you wish ( setting ) https://www.screencast.com/t/yYBninahkSp
                            3. Norton Utilities optional but very highly recommended. This program will clean up your old internet trash files and registry and will help keep your computer running clean https://us.norton.com/norton-utilities ( we also use bleachbit but leaving out of this as it is a great tool, but its still bleach and bleach is dangerous)
                            4. NOW FINALLY TO NINJA 8 - DATA IS VERY (VERY) IMPORTANT PART OF NINJA 8 SUCCESSFULLY RUNNING. The data or missing data will cause 99% of your issues if you do not have it loaded correctly prior to your indicators running.
                              1. ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP WORKSPACE ONCE YOU HAVE YOUR SPACE THE WAY YOU LIKE IT- YOU WILL NEED IT. To make it https://www.screencast.com/t/DJJkKSqpa
                              2. SETUP PROPERLY : Make sure the tools options market data tab has “do not merge ( Nexgen's policy) ” and show tick replay checked or you will not get any SYNTHETIC FIBS OR TRIGGERS to plot https://www.screencast.com/t/TfHSp5tg5hNP
                              3. YOU MUST “correctly” download more historical data days than you are going to chart, or your software will give you errors. If you run 10 days of data on your charts you will need to pre-download 12 days
                              4. To download data properly https://www.screencast.com/t/RlBOR76ziX
                              5. If you forget or data missing it will look like this DO NOT PANIC, many times you can recover by right clicking on the chart and reloading historical data https://www.screencast.com/t/GtP8mkfnS
                              6. If a chart comes up but is not plotting all indicators correctly, right click reload all historical data.
                            5. WHEN NINJA TRADER 8 has a “spontaneous shutdown” closing itself unexpectedly:
                              1. If you are in a trade with ninja trader as your broker, your stops and targets remain active at the exchange. Call your trade desk and manage your trade first.
                              2. Relax, explore to Documents Ninja Trader 8 workspace folder. DELETE these two files. https://www.screencast.com/t/M6G1o0Y5u then reopen your ninja8
                            1. If for some reason there is a workspace that opens immediately, VERY QUICKLY AND IMMEDIATELY close that workspace before it populates https://www.screencast.com/t/8LKAAGgJkBec
                            2. OPEN YOUR BACKUP WORKSPACE THAT YOU HAVE SAVED FOR YOURSELF> https://www.screencast.com/t/DJJkKSqpa now ninja 8 will be stable again.
                            3. FILE SAVE AS your workspace back to original name so you can run the original and retain your backup. https://www.screencast.com/t/IsJn2znUqiaq
                            1. IF nothing goes right and you are unable to open the platform successfully and want to have a cleaner data and workspace install.
                              1. WITH NINJA CLOSED- delete all your existing data by exploring to the documents, ninja trader 8, DB folder. Delete all files except Ninja Trader SQL file. https://www.screencast.com/t/aM5UUbECLIKL
                              2. DELETE ALL WORKSPACE FILES - https://www.screencast.com/t/o2esfh1ivS yes all of them we will replace it by downloading the file from the Nexgen Website to repopulate those files. https://nexgent3.com/resources/ make sure you unblock and run file as admin.
                              3. Once you have re-installed workspaces. You must then open ninja without a workspace running and pre-download the tick bid ask data for your markets prior to opening workspaces. Please download properly https://www.screencast.com/t/RlBOR76ziX
                            2. Ninja trader should be very solid with these protocols and fixes - at least they are so for us at this current moment in time.
                            Hopefully this will HELP all of you who struggle daily with NT8!

Comment

update .. this is ALMOST perfect but if you build enough charts and throw enough BID ASK data calculations at it you can still cause an issue .. but it takes a LOT of work! I build 16 charts and 4 of which are VERY VERY SMALL so require a huge amount of data 5-1 ES and CL charts which have been violent, 4 of which use our market flow .. which is a bid ask hungry indicator all of our SYNTHETIC bar building code indicators , triggers and fibs ..I finally caused a crash ... i mean had a “spontaneous shutdown” running two weeks straight on ES data at 1000 times market replay speed .... then it lost a plot. for me this is hardly a "crash" but proof that nothing is perfect. I do have to say I feel 98% stable which is a far cry from two weeks ago. hope this helps.

PS in all fairness I did so many trade millions of plots before this happened. https://www.screencast.com/t/ESskPbvzc

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cre8able  
                              Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post fiddich