Any Plan to Utilize Multiple CPU Cores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fwiw
    If you don't get 100% after running system file check, run dism. Keep your pc clean and up to date - ComputerBasics101, not much new under the sun

Optional Process Lassoo - Windows has the ability to force Ninja to run in High Priority mode (i.e. all hardware and OS resources) for those that don't want 3rd party Utilities. Just requires a string in your Ninja Desktop Shortcut in the Target Field (don't seem to be able to Post the string here, possibly because it contains exe cmd etc. Google is your friend)

Comment

one more update .. a cleaner computer is a better computer .. but didn't fix all the issues.. working on some suggestions sent by support

Comment

Originally posted by novaknexgen View Post
        Aviat72 - Custom coding in our own proprietary software DLL is where we originally establish the memory allocations.
        Hi, if its 3rd party indicator which i do not have control over, I cannot do any part on the DLL memory allocations?

Comment

Originally posted by brucerobinson View Post
          fwiw
          If you don't get 100% after running system file check, run dism. Keep your pc clean and up to date - ComputerBasics101, not much new under the sun

Optional Process Lassoo - Windows has the ability to force Ninja to run in High Priority mode (i.e. all hardware and OS resources) for those that don't want 3rd party Utilities. Just requires a string in your Ninja Desktop Shortcut in the Target Field (don't seem to be able to Post the string here, possibly because it contains exe cmd etc. Google is your friend)
          Could you please share the string by replacing some characters with asterisks.

Comment

C:\Windows\System32\c*m*d.e*x*e /c "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin64" && start /high NinjaTrader.e*x*e

#aviat72 - remove all asterisks, paste it in the Target Field of a desktop shortcut with 'Start in' field being your Windows\System 32\ folder and Bob should become your uncle.

iirc you need to create a new desktop shortcut - i.e. can't use the ones the Ninja installation puts there. Different kind of shortcut iirc. (I find I rc less and less these days and a long time since I went into this for similar struggles with NT7).

There is a Priority above High available (Highest? can't recall for sure, just a wild stab in the dark) but it isn't recommended as it grabs everything and may affect other important OS processes/services resulting in Windows not running well, kinda defeats the purpose...... If you find Ninja is still struggling with High Priority, I'd suggest you have to look elsewhere.

Tbh I don't know how much doing this helps - I've just always had it since early NT7 (I used Process Lassoo initially before finding this) and carried over into NT8 because why not? Pre-multithread it was perhaps more mission critical with 7. It's fairly benign and I don't use my trading PC for anything other than Ninja so may as well give it all the resources except those needed for essential OS performance, was/is my reasoning, even though expected 8 to relatively fly from the getgo with all those lovely cores to pick and choose from. How naïve we were......

Hope it helps. If it does, tell people here, might help others out - I don't believe it is well-known and I don't believe I've ever seen it suggested/recommended by Support (they may have valid reasons not to, but doesn't and never has caused me any problems.....
            Best,
            Last edited by brucerobinson; 07-07-2020, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Can anyone tell more about how multi-threading approach (in indicators) help in such situations? I mean the calculations done by / in:

Code:
              Task.Run( ()=> .... )   // which had replaced the older approach:  Thread.Start( )
              even if running same instrument (which is said to be jailed on single thread), will not such approach force the calculations to happen on other threads too?

a time ago, i've had somehow summerized (just voluntarily)pros and cons by this approach, but your knowledge will help here.
              Last edited by ttodua; 07-12-2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post junkone
              by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
              5 responses