Default 24/7 Equity Data not working in Strategy Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default 24/7 Equity Data not working in Strategy Analyzer

For some reason I have not been able to get Strategy Analyzer to work on equities with 24/7 data turned on. I am just trying to get MSFT to work. If I open separate Charts window the overnight data shows up. And in the Strategy Analyzer when I select the Charts tab in the Summary section it shows overnight data. But when I click on Trades and then right click on any trade the chart it pulls up and where my algo is actually buying and selling is based off of Equity RTH data and not taking into account 24/7. How can I fix this, thank you.

Hello prescottbph,

From the given details I am not certain what may be happening, have you tried a more simple test using the SampleMACrossOver yet? That would be a good way to identify if this is a configuration issue or related to the strategy being used. If the SampleMACrossOver also has this happen, could you provide an image of the analyzer settings you had used? Otherwise if you see only the custom strategy having a problem, that may relate to its logic. I would need more details here to better understand the problem.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I attached the screenshot. No other strategy I run takes overnight data into account. Thanks

Comment

Hello prescottbph,

Thank you for the reply.

As you are using a custom strategy this information will not necessarily help to understand the problem in more detail. Did you test with the SampleMACrossOver as well to confirm if that also has the same difficulty?

I am not certain what is programmed in the custom script to know how that should report as, the sample I do know what is programmed and have a specific expectation for. Testing that should let you know if there is a greater problem or if this is related to your custom script. With that information we could proceed further. In case this is related to the custom script, I would likely need to see the logic it uses to better understand why it is trading the way it is.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes