Connection Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection Lost

Ninja told me "connection lost". I looked and there was a red button instead of green. However, the data was still coming in like normal (my other internet connections were working fine too). The button stayed red. If I reset the connection, I lose my DOM's recent profile data (jigsaw). Why is the button staying red but my data is still coming in? Could I just leave it red in those circumstances and not reset the connection?

It could be a visual glitch only if everything else is working without issue, or there may be a part of the connection that has not successfully reconnected (for example, the data server is connected but not the order routing server).

If there are no other symptoms, I would agree that it's safe to continue and wait to disconnect/restart until it will not affect your trading.

Comment

why do i have to hover my mouse over the pretty green button to see who I am connected to?

Comment

wishing I'm not sure I understand the context of your question in regards to this topic. An important piece of information to know before troubleshooting anything is knowing what the source of data is. One easy way to see that on your end is to hover over the connection light.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          wishing I'm not sure I understand the context of your question in regards to this topic. An important piece of information to know before troubleshooting anything is knowing what the source of data is. One easy way to see that on your end is to hover over the connection light.
          Hi Patrick yes in NT7 "control center" you could clearly see who you are connected to for data.(bottom left corner)
          In NT8 there is just the green "icon" was just wondering why it was changed? Personally would rather just glance at my "control center" and see what connections I currently have versus hovering my mouse over green icon. No biggee just lazy I guess.
          Thanks

Comment

A design decision was made to de-clutter the Control Center. The information is available in NinjaTrader 8 by hovering over the connection light or accessing the connections menu.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by trilliantrader, 04-10-2024, 09:33 PM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
            Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby