Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloaded User App .zip File Name Appears a series of Numbers

Dear Support,

Some of the User Apps .zip files when downloaded are saved and named with a series of numbers. For example, I just downloaded PriceVoice indicator by PaulH and the zip file was saved as 290715330486118872 in my download folder. When there are several of these listed unless one opens the zip files there is no name or indications of the zip files contents.

What is reason and the fix?

Thanks

This is a new behavior since migrating user app share files from the forum to the Ecosystem website. I'll be reaching out to the website team to determine why the indicator name isn't used for the file name.

From your perspective right now, there is no 'fix' - the files are available and work when imported. The names of the files would be something we would need to adjust on the back end. You could also open the zip file as the files within them are commonly named after the indicator as well.

Comment

Thanks for your patience.

The indicator name is now the file name for PriceVoice on the Ecosystem website. If you notice this for any other add-ons, please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
        Thanks for your patience.

The indicator name is now the file name for PriceVoice on the Ecosystem website. If you notice this for any other add-ons, please let me know.
        Thanks. I have many of them that I would not know the name unless I open every one of them.

It is best to at least explain how the Price Voice name was fixed. This is important since there are members who upload custom indicators in the User Apps and may have the same issue. Perhaps a glitch in the export process, etc. Would be nice to know how you made the change.

Thanks

Comment

The cause and solution is on our back-end and is not related to how users upload their add-ons.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DJ888
          by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes