Problem exporting addon - can not find files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem exporting addon - can not find files

I have an issue when trying to export an addon. NT complains that is can not find a file when building the export assembly. The file is there and compiles and runs fine. However, the file got moved, so I think somehow NT is not seeing it.

I had a file that mistakenly got placed into the Indicator dir, got compiled fine, but then realized that it should have been placed in a dir due to having a namespace. After moving to the correct dir, everything still compiles and runs fine, but I can not longer properly export (or debug with visual studio) because it can not find that file. I was able to fix the visual studio issue by editing the csproj file, but not the export issue.

I tried re-installing NT, but that did not work.

What do I need to do to get NT to reset the assembly paths etc.

Hi aslane, thanks for your note.

Please first try deleting the entire "NinjaScript generated code" region at the bottom of the problem script. After this, compile the script again in the proper directory and try to export again.

If exporting does not work after this, try adding the dependencies manually as shown in this page:

Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Removing the generated code did nothing.

How can doing a re-install not fix this? There must be something that can be removed, so that it gets regenerated on an install?

Edit: Also, the newly generated Ninja code was identical to the original.

Comment

Hi aslane, thanks for your reply.

Reinstalling will not help because all of the user data (including scripts) are within Documents\NinjaTrader 8 and not in the ProgramFilesx86 directory.

Please make a new user folder and move over your config, workspaces, templates, and scripts.

Complete steps:

Make a backup of your NT directory. Include only Configuration files, Market Replay data (if you wish to keep this), Workspaces, and Templates. Note where the .ntbk file saves to on your hard drive.
        Close out on NT.
        Navigate to your Documents folder and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder to "NinjaTrader 8.Old".
        Download and run the installer from this page, this will make a new "NinjaTrader 8" folder in the Documents : https://ninjatrader.com/GetStarted
        Install any third party addons that you had within Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom. You can move them over from the NinjaTrader 8.Old folder.
        Move over your custom scripts (indicators, strategies, bartypes, etc)

Try to export again after you make this clean environment.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

in post #2 above you said :
          If exporting does not work after this, try adding the dependencies manually as shown in this page:
          https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...netReferencing

But that link doesn't contain any such illustrations, its to some peculiar support document. Can you provide the most current link?

Thank you!!

Comment

Hello PacCoastTrader,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

You may find this entry in our HelpGuide under NinjaScript > Distribution > Export Problems.

The HelpGuide may be accessed by pressing F1 while NinjaTrader Desktop is open.

Please don't hesitate to let us know, should you encounter any issues!
            Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 07:51 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Rapine Heihei  
            Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
            5 responses
            1 like