Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to select a price at specific time and other questions

Hello,

I'm experimenting a strategy with my Chinese friend, he's pretty used to looking at this daily moving average graph that resets on each day.
    It looks like this:

Do you guys know what this indicator is called and if i can download it from somewhere?

I have another programming question, I noticed the open price for E-Mini S&P is actually not determined at 9:30 ET like the stock market. I would like to have an indicator like the Current Day OHL, instead of showing the Open price it shows the price from an input.
    The graph should look like the Open Price line from CurrentDayOHL,
    • Lets call the time from input T
    • time after T uses today's price at time T to draw a flat line
    • time before T uses yesterday's price at time to to draw a flat line
    Any idea on how I should go about this?

Cheers

Hello madmen,

Thanks for your post.

I think that type of moving average is referred to as a "gapless" moving average meaning it does not take into account the significant price change from one session to the next. I am not aware of any such moving average in our free and publically available indicators, and you are welcome to search as well. Here is a link to the NT8 indicators: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...r-8-indicators Please note: The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

I will ask our sales group to provide a link to any 3rd party vendors that may provide such an indicator.

Regarding the current day open, you can accomplish this without programming if you wish. This can be done by using the trading hours CME US Index Futures RTH. The trading hours can be set in the data series of the chart which by default will be ETH.

If you want to retain the ETH view but apply the Current day open to the RTH session, then that can also be done by adding a second (duplicate) data series to the chart that uses the RTH trading hours, hiding the second data series, then applying the CurrentDayOHL indicator to the second data series. While that may sound complicated it is not, here is a short video that demonstrates this: https://Paul-ninjaTrader.tinytake.co...MF8xMTg1OTI3Nw

Another way to do this, manually, is to simply draw a line on the chart using the drawing line tool (F2), once a line has been drawn, you can double click on that line to open its "properties" In the properties of the line will be a data section where you can then specify the begin and end price (make them the same for a flat line) and set the begin and end time as you wish. Again here is a short specific video to assist: https://Paul-ninjaTrader.tinytake.co...NF8xMTg1OTM3MA

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello madmen,

This is Chris following up on behalf of Paul.

You are welcome to search the NinjaTrader Ecosystem website for a "gapless moving average indicator" or similar products:The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
      Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post zstheorist  
      Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
      8 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rehmans