Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bitfinex error

Hi,

i just upgraded to the latest version of NT8.
    On restart it connected well to my kinetick data, but unable to connect to Bitfinex, see attached error.. ( error states; please upgrade to a lease or lifttime license to unlock thsi feature )

I do have a lease ( nt third party yearly free lease and the bitfinex data has worked in the last months, even today, just before upgrading to the latest NT8 version..)

Please advise what the reason could be.

Thanks in advance!

Rob
    Attached Files

Could you link me to the original source of the add-on you're using to connect to Bitfinex?

Comment

Hi Patrick,

see here;

ninjatools.studio

Rgds, Rob
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 06-04-2018, 12:17 PM.

Comment

The website you mention is not a NinjaTrader Vendor and they are in violation of our terms of service. As a result, any and all items related to the website you mention are not supported.

I would recommend removing this add-on to return your NinjaTrader to a supported and functional state.

To remove NinjaScript individually you can go to New > NinjaScript Editor > Double click on the 'Indicators' folder > Right click on the indicator you wish to remove and select 'Remove'. Repeat these steps for all indicators/strategies you wish to remove.

Indicators/strategies can come as packages called 'assemblies'. If you've installed indicators/strategies using a .exe file instead of importing it using a .zip file it is most likely an assembly and will need to be removed by going to Tools > Remove NinjaScript Assembly > Select the assembly you wish to remove > Remove.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

but this has worked on the previous version.
          Does this man i can go back to the previous version, so it willl work?

Why would Ninja prevent this addon from working? It could be seen as an extra service for your customers to allow this to work. Customers like me have paid enough money for this, expecting this would be allowed.

Using NT8 to get to trade all crypto's, great promotion for Ninja Trader!

Ninja could have issued a warming that these add-ons are not allowed and not supported.

Then again, the message states that i can unlock this feature by getting a lease or lifttime license...

Would you agree?!

Rob
          Last edited by robje737; 06-04-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately I can not provide any further detail about this unsupported add-on.

There is no way for us to prevent you from adding an add-on to NinjaTrader. There is a disclaimer that appears when you first import an add-on encouraging you to ensure that you trust the source of the file:

BitMEX and GDAX are supported crypto data providers.

Comment

Patrick,

ok.
              Do you have a link to GDAX data and how to set this up?

Thanks for the help.

Rob

Comment

• Make sure you are running NT8 R14 or greater
                • Make sure you have restarted at least once today
                • You can then configure a GDAX connection --> No logon credentials required --> This is a free real time and historical data source --> Trading not supported at this time

Comment

Patrick,

ok, i will check this out.
                  So, you say, "no trading at present".

Why would i get the data, but not able to trade? What's the benefit? What are future plans here? Will trading be supported soon?

Rob

Comment

Many people use NinjaTrader as a data analysis tool only.

There is no further information on what supported brokers may or may not be added at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                      Unfortunately I can not provide any further detail about this unsupported add-on.

There is no way for us to prevent you from adding an add-on to NinjaTrader. There is a disclaimer that appears when you first import an add-on encouraging you to ensure that you trust the source of the file:

BitMEX and GDAX are supported crypto data providers.
                      So Patrick, just to be sure , the message says; Please upgrade to a lease or lifttime license to unlock this feature ( bitfinex connection ) You guys wrote this message..

Is it correct to assume it will work with the lease / lifetime subbscription and not (anymore ) with a free license?

Rob

Comment

the Bitfinex connection is not a supported add-on, therefore, I could not determine why that unsupported add-on triggers that message. Please remove the unsupported add-on.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post sarafuenonly123