• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Time Series not working..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Series not working..??

Hello,

I created a Strategy in the Builder to coincide with the opening bell.. 6:30AM - 08:00AM PST. I used a time series (see images)... I ran this strategy in the Strategy Analyzer using the time series at those times...06:30am to 08:00AM... It seems as though the time series isn't working..
    The chart within the Strategy Builder shows trades around the clock.. As does when I run the strategy in a chart.
    The trades are not restricted from 06:30AM to 08:00AM... It's as if the time series isn't working... I believe I have the time series configured properly.. Or do I..?

Also.. If it does end up working and I'm in a trade that starts before 08:00AM and the trade goes beyond that time will the trade end be closed out at 8:00AM regardless..??

Thanks Michael

Attached Files

Hello Mykro,

Thank you for the post.

From the image it looks like you have a few other sets, just to confirm was it specifically the set you had shown which is happening out of the time band or one/all of the others? From the image it looks like you have the time setup right in the condition. I tried a quick test strategy with a time window and see that working on my end. Have you at this point tried a more simple test like that in another new script? I had tried a single set which entered long when flat and when inside the time window and had a profit target so multiple trades would be taken.

Please feel free to attach an export of strategy, i would be happy to take a look with more of the context available.

Also.. If it does end up working and I'm in a trade that starts before 08:00AM and the trade goes beyond that time will the trade end be closed out at 8:00AM regardless..??
    That depends on what you mean by trade, if you mean an active order such as a limit order that would be stopped assuming your logic has a time condition. Managed limit orders will cancel when not called on the next bar. If you mean position, no you would need to close that if you are still in a position past 8am.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Gerik, Today, 12:14 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_PaulH  
    Started by mestril, Today, 06:00 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes