Buy Sell Volume Indicator is incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy Sell Volume Indicator is incorrect

Buy Sell Volume Indicator that comes with Ninja Trader 8 is incorrect.
    it is showing the same value for Buy & Sell Volumes.

when I checked the code for the Indicator. It is adding (Sells + Buys) to get Buys and it looks like Buys is always Zero.

protected override void OnBarUpdate()
    {
    if (CurrentBar < activeBar || CurrentBar <= BarsRequiredToPlot)
    return;

// New Bar has been formed
    // - Assign last volume counted to the prior bar
    // - Reset volume count for new bar
    if (CurrentBar != activeBar)
    {
    Sells[1] = sells;
    Buys[1] = buys + sells;
    buys = 0;
    sells = 0;
    activeBar = CurrentBar;
    }

Sells[0] = sells;
    Buys[0] = buys + sells;
    }

See below screenshot which shows the Indicator platting the same values for Buys & Sells and the Data Box showing the same.

Please fix the indicator
    Attached Files

Hello ajsdnyyrr1234DDf,

Thank you for your post.

The 'Buy Sell Volume' Indicator is a visual only Indicator that breaks the total Volume into Bid and Ask and then Plots them visually. What you are currently seeing is the Volume for Bid and Ask at the same values. This is not incorrect but rather the report of Bid and Ask Volume received from the data provider.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Why is Buy Volume is always the same as the Sell Volume? Please test it out.
      Alos why is the indicator logic adding Buy Volume to Sell Volume to get the Buy Volume?

Comment

Hello ajsdnyyrr1234DDf,

Thank you for your response.

The BuySellVolume indicator is a visual indicator. It adds the Buys to the Sells for the plot. Notice the Red and Blue plot colors. This way both the Buys and Sells are visually presented on the plotted bar at all times, unless of course they are the same value.

Here is a screenshot of the ES 06-18 5 Second chart with the price based on the Last price update. Notice the various times the Buy and Sell Volume differs and then returns to relatively the same volume on such a short time frame for a bar.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	BuySellVolumeExample001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	886886

Comment

Thanks for the screenshot. The problem appears to be with the feed I am getting from FOREX.com. It is showing only Sells. For every tick, the reported volume is for the price equal to the Bid price and nothing for the Ask price or for any price levels above Ask.

One interesting point is

The Sell Volume reported from Buy Sell Volume is the same as the total VOL reported from the VOl indicator and is same as the Up-Down Volume reported by the Volume Up Down indicator.

See below screenshot.

I am plotting the VOL indicator which plots the total volume for each bar, then the DelatVolume indicator which I created based on the BuySell volume indicator, the Volume Up Down is the same as the VOL indicator but the color changed based on the candle color and the Buy Sell pressure, it always shows 100% for sell pressure since it is also based on the Buy Sell Volume and the OnMarketData does not have any Buys so the Sell pressure is always 100%.

I would like to see a proper Volume indicator that shows the Ask Volume and Bid Volumes and it appears all the Volume indicators in and the OnmarketData cannot provide a decent quality data.

Do you have any suggestion to solve this problem?
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello ajsdnyyrr1234DDf,

Thank you for your response.

Please open two charts; one that has 'Price based on' set to Ask and one set to 'Price based on' Bid. Then compare the Volume indicators on each chart.

Forex charts are plotted based on the Bid when set to 'Price based on' Last. You need to have both Ask and Bid charts open to see the volume on either side.

Each price type (Ask or Bid) will pass through the OnMarketData() as the Last depending on what the 'Price based on' is set to and therefore Volume based indicators that divide between Buy and Sell are not accurate for Forex.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Perr0Grande  
            Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post elderan