multiple data series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple data series

is it possible to plot two time series (or more) on the same chart ?

is it possible to plot on the same chart below the main chart, some combo formula of the two charts (for example the spread = difference in price of the two series, and perform analysis on this new series like RSI, MA etc...)
    Last edited by GrossBitZeCoinTrader; 11-13-2019, 03:17 AM.

Hello GrossBitZeCoinTrader,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Yes, you can apply multiple data series in a chart and they can be of different time frames (and/or different instruments as well). Each data series would be loaded into its on panel within the chart window. Please see https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ata_series.htm

Yes, you can add an indicator to the chart that would open its own panel in the chart window. You can assign any of the data series to the indicator through the indicators "Input series".
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I attached two indicators I played with some time ago, as NT doesn't have them built in
      Attached Files

Comment

itrader
        so its not possible (like in TradingView) to chart a formula directly like (SPREAD =) RXZ19 - 0.5 *OBZ19 for example?
        one must go through some kind of script like you've attached ?

basically i wanted to import tick data from 2 different series, and avoid the trouble of generating myself the spread ...

Comment

I'm not sure.. I never tried, but it looks to me you would have to write a script for that - like the ones I attached

Comment

Hello GrossBitZeCoinTrader,

Thanks for your reply.

To follow-up on member itrader46's reply, there are no built-in chart functions to perform math on multiple series and you would have to either create an indicator or perhaps use one already created as provided by itrader46.

You are welcome to review the public and freely available indicators in the NT user apps section of the Ninjatrader Ecosystem. Here is a link for your convenience: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...r-8-indicators Please note: The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Here are the general directions for downloading and installing:

To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import
            1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
            2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools>Import>Ninjascript add-on..
            3. Select the downloaded .zip file
            4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
            Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
            • Right click your chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK
            Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jclose
            by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
            10 responses