Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Different computers connected to the same server show different quotes same Candle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different computers connected to the same server show different quotes same Candle

Problem: Different computers connected to the same server show different quotes for the same Candle.

My team and I use two or three computers at the same time to track an operation. We are having a very hard time with the quotes in the Ninja Trader graphs because for the same Candle different computers will show different quotes. For example one PC will show GBPUSD @ 1.2814’6 and at the same time another PC will show the same candle GBPUSD @ 1.2814’2.

This causes us a lot of trouble because often times we are waiting for a new high for make an operation and one PC says we have the new high, and the other PC says we don’t. It’s impossible to make good decisions with conflicting data.

We have “Reload All Historical Data” all the time to see if the quotes will line up. Often times that works and then the computers show the same quotes. This is still a problem because we lose/waste a lot of time waiting for the data to load and this delay sometimes causes us to miss operations!

But the worst part is when we “Reload All Historical Data” and we get new different quotes. For example: On PC1 we had GBPUSD @ 1.2814’6 and on PC2 we had GBPUSD @ 1.2814’2 (so PC1 was higher than PC2). Then after the reload we get PC1 with GBPUSD @ 1.2814’2 and PC2 with GBPUSD @ 1.2814’4 (so now PC2 is higher than PC1).

We are going crazy here with these different quotes all the time. How can we fix this problem permanently?

Thank you so much for your time and attention. I really appreciate it. Hope to hear from you soon.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?). Are both PCs using the same exact version of NinjaTrader?

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window. What do you mean when you say 'same server'? Are both PCs using the same real-time and same historical data feed?

(For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?). Are both PCs using the same exact version of NinjaTrader?

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window. What do you mean when you say 'same server'? Are both PCs using the same real-time and same historical data feed?

(For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
      Both PCs are using NinjaTrader version 8.0.19.1.

Both Pcs are connected to NinjaTrader FXCM (Demo).

Comment

Do both/all FXCM connections have 'NinjaTrader historical data server' enabled or disabled? To check, to go the Control Center > Connections > Configure > Choose your FXCM connection in the 'Configured' list > Is 'NinjaTrader historical data server' enabled or disabled?

Could you provide screenshots that demonstrate discrepancy you're reporting?

Comment

Do both/all FXCM connections have 'NinjaTrader historical data server' enabled or disabled? To check, to go the Control Center > Connections > Configure > Choose your FXCM connection in the 'Configured' list > Is 'NinjaTrader historical data server' enabled or disabled?

Could you provide screenshots that demonstrate discrepancy you're reporting?
          NinjaTrader historical data server are all ENABLED.

1 minute and 1 hour interval chart.

I will take a snapshot... tomorrow...

Comment

Follow the screenshots from 2 differents PCs at the same time on 1 minute chart.
            Attached Files

Comment

I am curious if this may be related to the 'snapshot' nature of the FXCM API. I'd like to eliminate some other variables still.

In your screenshot, how long had both of these chart's been running in real-time? Asked another way, how long had you been connected to real-time data before taking these screenshots?

Can this be reproduced if the chart's price is based on 'Last' instead of 'Bid'?

Also, when you reload historical data, do the charts on both PC's change? Or does one PC then change to match the other PC?

Comment

Both PCs are running for more than 1 hour at the same FXCM Demo Server.

Yes this error can be reproduced on Last instead of Bid....

When I reload sometimes one PC change and match the other PC, and sometimes both PCs changes...

Comment

Follow these steps so we can accruately test the behavior of the two PCs -
                  • Sync the PC clock on both PCs:
                    • Close NinjaTrader.
                    • Open the Windows Control Panel
                    • Select Date and Time
                    • Press 'Change time zone...'.
                    • Set the time zone and press 'OK'.
                    • Click on Internet Time tab.
                    • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
                    • Ensure to check for a message under the Update button that says it was successful.
                    • If it did not properly sync, even after a few tries, try manually setting your PC clock and then syncing.
                  • Start NinjaTrader in safe mode on both PCs and connect on both PCs as close to simultaneously as possible:
                    • Ensure NinjaTrader is shut down
                    • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
                    • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
                    • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
                    • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates then connect simultaneously.
                  Please let me know the results of this test.

Comment

Follow these steps so we can accruately test the behavior of the two PCs -
                    • Sync the PC clock on both PCs:
                      • Close NinjaTrader.
                      • Open the Windows Control Panel
                      • Select Date and Time
                      • Press 'Change time zone...'.
                      • Set the time zone and press 'OK'.
                      • Click on Internet Time tab.
                      • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
                      • Ensure to check for a message under the Update button that says it was successful.
                      • If it did not properly sync, even after a few tries, try manually setting your PC clock and then syncing.
                    • Start NinjaTrader in safe mode on both PCs and connect on both PCs as close to simultaneously as possible:
                      • Ensure NinjaTrader is shut down
                      • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
                      • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
                      • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
                      • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates then connect simultaneously.
                    Please let me know the results of this test.

I did exactly the step-by-step and the problem continues after reloading the Candles change the maximum, minimum, open and close quote.

Comment

I'd like to observe this symptom for myself if possible. Could we schedule a remote session where I could connect to both PCs simultaneously? Let's continue the conversation via email. Please send an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with "2332986 ATTN Patrick G" and a link to this forum thread.

Comment

I'd like to observe this symptom for myself if possible. Could we schedule a remote session where I could connect to both PCs simultaneously? Let's continue the conversation via email. Please send an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with "2332986 ATTN Patrick G" and a link to this forum thread.
                        Ok I will contact you via e-mail.

Take a look at this print screen...

Both PCs same configuration, same time-zone, same server, latest version of Nt8, same wi-fi connection...

The BID price is different from pc1 to pc2, and when I reload all historeical data from PC2 the candles of pc2 changes and appear the same of pc1.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PC1.fw.png
Views:	208
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	1078461
                        Attached Files

Comment

I found the solution There are 2 ways to create a NinjaTrader8 demo account on FXCM.

The first, at this link:
                          https://ninjatrader.com/FreeLiveData (Forex Data)

The second, on this other link:
                          NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

If the demo account is created on the first link, the submitted username and password receive quotes from the FXCM real account server. Spread Low.
                          This is the correct procedure to do.

If the demo account is created on the second link, the submitted username and password are quoted from the FXCM High Spread Demo account servers.

One of the computers was using an account from each site, generating a difference in spreads and therefore divergences in candles. I don't know if they were aware of this difference.

But it is good to warn users.

Thank you.

Comment

Very interesting, thanks for the follow up on that. I'll make a note of this for our internal documentation.

Forex brokers can and do adjust the spread of their quotes for various reasons (including regional ones). If you're curious as to why, I would recommend contacting FXCM directly.

Comment

Hi, when I create an account from:
                              https://ninjatrader.com/FreeLiveData (Forex Data)

And connect to server Ninjatrader on NT8.... Is the data feed provided by FXCM?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Mizzouman1  
                              Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post i019945nj