Scanning Stocks Using Free End of Day Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scanning Stocks Using Free End of Day Data

Sorry if this question was answered already. I am new to NinjaTrader and just want to understand if it is possible before pushing too far.

I wanted to test out an idea without committing to data fees and such yet. I wanted to develop my own NinjaScript to evaluate using the free end of day data (or downloaded historical) to scan a stock listing to find stocks that meet some calculated criteria. Then I would go through the list to review the charts.

Is that doable. I saw some older posts that hinted that a paid subscription is the only way to do that.

Hello Neilgalloway,
    There are two ways of downloading historical data.
    The first is a data feed that you could download the data from. If you would like to try this, I have provided a link to our site where you can request a free demo for futures and/or forex data.

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

The second way is importing historical data from a third party. Below is a link to the help guide on this.

You may find historical data from a third party via out ecosystem page on our website below.
    Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

Please feel free to contact us with any further questions.
    James G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I do have some historical data that I pulled using the Import utility in NinjaTrader that comes from Kintetick's free EOD source. So I could develop a NinjaScript indicator that utilizes that data?

Comment

Hello Neilgalloway,
        Yes, you can do what you described as long as you are able to get historical data, Please note that Kinetick end of day only imports daily data.
        So if your script would call for tick or minute data Kinetick end of day will not provide such.
        Please feel free to contact us with any further questions.
        James G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes