Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 stopped to build charts connected to FXCM or in Playback mode.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 stopped to build charts connected to FXCM or in Playback mode.

Hi Support,

Since yesterday, NT8 cannot create charts, either when connected to FCXM feed ( which appears normal with a green LED at command center), or when connected to Playback connection, where a " loading" message appears at the chart but previously loaded data does not appear at the chart, so it really appears to be a local problem in my machine.

I resetted the database via command center and then directly at C:>Documents>Ninjatrader8>db> deleting the folders cache+day+minute+tick ,as I have done many times before, but no success.

When I decided to restart the laptop , realized there was been a Windows 10 update waiting to be installed. It is a common issue that different softwares are affected when this same scenario happens, usually Chrome stops responding under the same scenario, but goes back to normal after a laptop restart, so, after the Wiindows update is completed.

I restarted the laptop and let the update to install, but NT8 still does not go back to normal. Has anybody else complained that an overnight Window 10 patch stopped NT8 these last couple of days?

What is the recommendation to clear the problem, if it is related to new Windows 10 patch incompatible with NT8 ? Re-install NT8? Rename Config.xml would help?

Thanks Much
    G

Hi ,

I have restarted again the laptop and no changes. I have also renamed config.xml as a test, and NT8 created a new one but no changes to the problem ( I have already reverted back to default config.xml I have been using these last weeks, and again no changes)

Q- If I reinstall NT8, will all the WorksSpaces I have stored be preserved?

Thanks much,
    G

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

There have been no reports by other users of a recent update causing this behavior, but that does not mean the update did not change a fundamental way your PC operates and cause any errors. I would not be able to offer a solution based on the facts we have here as there are some more details we would need to do so.

So that we may more accurately assist you, please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this in your platform by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2333270 ATTN Melissa.

Thank you in advance; I look forward to resolving your inquiry.
      Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Melissa,

I have sent the Log files with success and attached the ticket number to the email body.

Best,
        G
        Last edited by bouncetherubble; 11-13-2019, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

I received your files and will follow up via Email first but will update this post with any diagnosis we find in case other users run into this as well.

Thank you for your patience.
          Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Melissa,

As always, Thanks much for NT timely Help and invaluable Support,

Best,
            G

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM