Alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alerts

I have a chart with some 20 tabs open, all different instruments but the same layout. I have 2 alerts assigned to each. When I change connection to Simulated Data Feed, it turned off my Alerts. I would like for them to be turned back on all at once. Is there a way to turn them all off and all on at one time at will? Clicking through 20+ tabs and reactivating 2 Alerts each is a real pain in the gazoo.

Dolfan

Hello,
    Thank you for your post. Unfortunately there is not a method to auto enable all alerts. What Rearm type is in use with the alerts? Is this occurring every time the simulated data feed is used?

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I set the Rearm to "On condition reversed". They stay armed otherwise and I would also note that when I made the simulated connection, I was asked if I wanted to keep the alerts. I chose no and so they all turned off. I cannot say about "every time the simulated data feed is used" because this is the first time I have used it with Ninja 8.

Dolfan

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

I see, switching Instruments will show a message of this nature, but it would be unexpected to do the same when switching to the simulated data feed. Can you please try setting up an a test alert and switching to the simulated data feed again? Testing on my end, this does not prompt the alerts to be moved.

Please let me know the behavior you see with these steps.

We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Will do a little later today. Will also record video of it all for clarity.

Dolfan

Comment

Eric,

I hope this video https://www.screencast.com/t/IzLeGGPB explains things clearly. This time I chose to re-enable the Alerts and you can see they came back. Let me know if you need more.

Dolfan

Comment

Thank you for your reply and additional information Sorry for the oversight, this is expected when the Alert action in question is set to Submit an order.

Comment

OK, so I have this alert set to run on some 30 instruments and I was getting alerts/orders just fine. They seem to have stopped for some reason. I have checked to make sure they are all there and all enabled. Any thoughts on why they suddenly stopped working for me?

Dolfan

Comment

Never mind. Rebooted my machine and orders are popping up everywhere now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 08:12 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                  Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse