Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer not producing results for some instruments

Hi NT8 Support,

I am running the strategy analyzer for multiple instruments, but it is producing no results for some of the futures (shown in the attached screenshot). These instruments have worked when I select them individually (like the ES), but not when I group them together. I am almost certain this is not an issue with the parameters being such that no trades occur, as the instruments present no trades on multiple runs/tests. Please let me know what I can do to correct.

Thank you,
    Attached Files

Hello Austiner87,

Thanks for your post.

Please re-verify that you do have the data needed for the analysis.

We suggest this verification process:

When connected to a live data feed, create a chart of an instrument using the same number days and bartype as the analyzer and run the strategy Sample MA Crossover. Verify that the first day in the chart (scroll to the beginning) matches the expected first day. Run a strategy performance report (Right mouse click on the chart and select strategy performance>Historical) and observe that trades are made.

Repeat for each individual instrument.

This should ensure that you do have all the data needed over the analysis period.

If all tests ok, please run the multi instrument analysis again with Sample MA Crossover and verify that you do or do not see trades on all instruments.

If the test is okay, please re-run your strategy in the same multi instrument analysis.

If you still have no trades on some instruments, please send us you log and trace files.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

On the subject line include atten:Paul and ticket #2334043. In the body of the e-mail, please include a link to this thread.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Stanfillirenfro, Yesterday, 09:19 AM
    7 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by TraderCro, 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes