Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme long Load time in MA

Hello,
    I have a custom indicator used within my market analyzer.
    I have a list of ~ 70 instruments in my market analyzer.

The issue is that on my market analyzer , I get "Loading …" for a very long time (more than two hours , till now !)

I use IB as my data provider.

There are no errors or any other messages on the Log.
    I am trying to figure out if its a problem in my custom indicator or data provider.
    Is there anyway to debug this and get some insight on what/how to fix ?
    Thanks

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

Interactive Brokers has restrictions on how much historical data can be requested when using a third party program like NinjaTrader. Based on the information you've provided, it sounds like you're running into that 'throttling' of the data.

There are two ways to approach this:
    • Load a Market Analyzer without any custom columns or indicators and test the load time
    • Disconnect from Interactive Brokers and connect to a different provider and test the load time

I suspect the first one could be done on your end, but you probably don't have a secondary data feed to test. Let me know the results of the first test and then if needed you could write in and I could provide you with a solution for your test via email.

Comment

Hi,
      Using: 8.0.13.1 64-bit (Multi-Broker)
      TWS: Build 960.2g, Nov 21, 2016 3:41:33 PM
      I closed the market analyzer and I now see that I experience long "Loading …" on a chart while switching between instruments.

I suspect it has something to do with my custom indicator. I have nothing on the LOG that indicates a problem, so no idea how to debug this.

Any insight will be helpful !

Thanks

Comment

I am unsure based on your response if you performed one of tests I recommended. Do you experience the same if you load a chart or Market Analyzer with no custom columns or indicators?

How many 'days to load' are you using in your chart settings? To check, right-click on the chart and select 'Data Series' > Looks for 'days to load' property. If you reduce this number, does the behavior improve?

What chart type are you loading? For example, 5 minute, 4 Renko, 2000 volume, etc. Does the same issue occur if you load a 1 minute chart with no custom templates or add-ons/indicators?

The answers to these questions will determine if we need to look into your code or if it is a limitation of the Interactive Brokers data feed.

Comment

when I remove the custom indicator from my market analyzer there is no loading issue, which makes sense as no historical data is needed.

I have a few charts simultaneously open:
          1 min , with days to load of 1
          5 min , with days to load of 2
          15 min , with days to load of 3
          1 day, with days to load of 100
          1 week, with days to load of 100

I have removed my custom indicator from all charts . When I change instruments, the long load times continue.
          I have no access to a different provider for the sub-day charts

Any suggestions ?

Comment

What you've reported makes me suspect that it is in fact a limitation of Interactive Brokers historical data requests.

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a link to this forum thread. Include '1916379 ATTN Patrick G' in the subject or body of that message.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse