Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Delay in the movement of the price in daily candles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delay in the movement of the price in daily candles.

I have the following problem: I am an Esignal user. When in the Ninjatrader platform I use minor compressions to Daily, there is no problem, the price is correct and updated (I make the comparison with the price shown by the Signal 12 platform updated correctly), but when, at the same time , I change the compression to Daily to see how the candle of the day is formed, the same quote is not reflected, but an outdated one of the same day ... I see the NT does not transform and update the daily candle ... its not a a problem of esignal because I already talked to them, they told me to check with you ... Can you help me for you? Thank you! Add pictures. THANKS!! the stock is $FB.
    Last edited by gastonwhite; 11-14-2019, 09:40 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please confirm a couple of items so that I may more accurately assist you?
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    • You state that you use minor compressions to daily, what process do you use to achieve this? Are there any other differences between this chart and the one with delayed data?
    • Do you have any custom indicators/add ons applied to these charts?
    I would like to test this on my platform using an Esignal connection but want to have the correct configuration to conduct an effective test. We would expect in some cases to have daily bars appear different from platform to platform because of the ways they are calculated, but the current price should absolutely not differ from within the same platform on two different charts.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to resolving your inquiry.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Melissa View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please confirm a couple of items so that I may more accurately assist you?
      • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
      • You state that you use minor compressions to daily, what process do you use to achieve this? Are there any other differences between this chart and the one with delayed data?
      • Do you have any custom indicators/add ons applied to these charts?
      I would like to test this on my platform using an Esignal connection but want to have the correct configuration to conduct an effective test. We would expect in some cases to have daily bars appear different from platform to platform because of the ways they are calculated, but the current price should absolutely not differ from within the same platform on two different charts.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to resolving your inquiry.

1) NINJATRADER 8.0.19.1 64-bit
      2) Any compression less than daily, shows me the quote correctly updated, but when I go to Daily compression to see how the candle is forming, the price changes and shows me a different outdated.
      3) Just the stochastic

I add you some more pictures of another stock: AMZN for example:

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for that update and clarification.

I have tried to replicate this while connected to an Esignal account and was unable to. My AMZN charts show the same current price no matter what the time interval for the chart is.

I would like to take a closer look at what is happening on your platform.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2334612 ATTN Melissa

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving your inquiry.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for that update and clarification.

I have tried to replicate this while connected to an Esignal account and was unable to. My AMZN charts show the same current price no matter what the time interval for the chart is.

I would like to take a closer look at what is happening on your platform.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2334612 ATTN Melissa

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving your inquiry.

Sorry i dont understand, what means? "your log and trace files" ? Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the response.

If you follow the instructions I provided, it will send me the log and trace files from your platform. These are diagnostic files that will tell me information about how your platform is operating, any errors you receive, your computer's processing power, and your account connection status. These will allow me to find any errors or connection losses that may be contributing to this behavior.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the response.

If you follow the instructions I provided, it will send me the log and trace files from your platform. These are diagnostic files that will tell me information about how your platform is operating, any errors you receive, your computer's processing power, and your account connection status. These will allow me to find any errors or connection losses that may be contributing to this behavior.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Done! i have already sent you all.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes