X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data loading speed-up

Hello.
    I would like a few details about the passage below, from the help guide:
    - if I have 1 minute / 5 days, 5 minute / 30 days and 240 minute / 1850 days charts would I need a column in the Market Analyzer for each time frame and number of days, or just load the biggest one (i.e load just 240min / 1850 days)?
    - if I have tick replay enabled in some charts, do I need to select that option in the Analyzer column as well?
    - the Analyzer column indicator must be one from the chart, or just any indicator. If it must be one from the chart, how do we it when the indicators have more than one parameter (such as the Pivots, for instance)?
    - would this speeding up of loading work when I first start the platform (which is what I'm after), or just after start, during the normal using of the platform?

Thank you

The NinjaTrader memory and speeding up the loading of data
    Data that is currently being used will be in the memory and will first be used to populate your charts. Additionally, to minimize the need to load data and to speed up chart load times, NinjaTrader maintains an internal cache of your prior accessed data. When data is in this cache, NinjaTrader will use it to populate your charts instead of loading from your data provider.

There are two ways to ensure that the memory contains data for your instrument of interest:

1.Load the instrument into a Market Analyzer window along with an indicator column with the same chart parameters you plan to be loading.

2.Open and maintain a chart with the same data type and days to load that you plan on loading.

Please provide me with a direct link to the help guide section you're referring to so I can be sure I am being accurate with my answers to your questions.

Also, so I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Comment

That is in Operations - Loading historical data - The NinjaTrader memory and speeding up the loading of data and I am using ver 8.0.19.0, connected to Continuum

Comment

The links you're providing are not working properly for me. For our reference, here is a direct link:I am not sure I understand your question of " if I have 1 minute / 5 days, 5 minute / 30 days and 240 minute / 1850 days charts would I need a column in the Market Analyzer for each time frame and number of days, or just load the biggest one (i.e load just 240min / 1850 days)?" in the context of the help guide page you linked.

All of these charts would be loading from minute data, and since 1850 days encompasses all of the other smaller days to load, you could think of it as the 240m 1850 days to load chart being 'in control' of the data (but that is an oversimplification). To put this another way, if your NinjaTrader had no historical data locally stored and you created a 240m 1850 days to load chart, you'd have 1850 days worth of minute data downloaded.

The specific line in the help guide you're quoting is basically just providing an option on how to load historical data without loading a chart. Notice option two there is loading a chart. If you already have a chart, there isn't really a purpose for the Market Analyzer if the sole purpose is to load historical data.

Can you elaborate further on what you're trying to accomplish?

- if I have tick replay enabled in some charts, do I need to select that option in the Analyzer column as well?

Before I answer this question, I really want to understand what you're trying to do. Basically, if you already have the chart loaded, there is no need for the Market Analyzer.

- the Analyzer column indicator must be one from the chart, or just any indicator. If it must be one from the chart, how do we it when the indicators have more than one parameter (such as the Pivots, for instance)?
        - would this speeding up of loading work when I first start the platform (which is what I'm after), or just after start, during the normal using of the platform?

The thing you can do to speed up loading of your charts and NinjaTrader would be to optimize your workspace. Adding a Market Analyzer to your workspace is increasing complexity, not reducing it. Is the purpose of this post and the end goal here to improve NinjaTrader's performance? If so, I'd start here in the link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 11-14-2019, 04:02 PM.

Comment

It seems that I did not make myself understood: that help guide passage made me think that it could be a way to load the charts faster on start up, from the cache and have n overall performance improvement
          That's all I am trying to achieve here

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
          1 response
          0 likes