Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today my FDAX chart lagged more than a minute

Hello,

today I experienced a chart lagging of over a minute.
    I talked to a fellow trader and the price of the FDAX was more than 18 ticks away.
    I recognized it when I placed a sell ask order which appeared many ticks above my actual chart.
    What may be the problem?

I use this PC for over a year and I had never such problems. Configuration: Windows 10, Ninjatrader 8.0.19.0 64bit

Thanks in advance

Testmaster

Hello Testmaster,

Thank you for your post.

Please use the steps below to change/check your Time Zone and sync the PC clock:
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader
    • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
    • Select Adjust date/time
    • For Windows 10 click 'Additional date, time, & regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
    • Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
    • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
    • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
    • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)

After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Jonathan W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That is not the problem. My PC time says it is 10:05am, but the Chart shows candles until 10:04am. That's what I mean with lagging.
      It is not my PC time.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for providing that clarification.

This is expected behavior and is not something that can be changed. NinjaTrader stamps a bar with the closing time of the bar. For example, a minute bar with a time of 9:31:00 AM has data from 9:30:00 AM through 9:30:59 AM. Using end of bar time stamps is required in order to be able to plot multiple series of differing time frames within a single chart all accurately synchronized to time.

Attached is a link to the Help Guide that may provide supplemental information.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello,

this might me the case if I use a 1m chart, but I use an R4 chart. And as explained in the first thread, the chart has a delay of more than a minute, the price was over 15 ticks above the price that was shown at my chart. It has nothing to do with my PC clock, or the time stamps of a candle.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Testmaster

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2338352 ATTN Jonathan Wullstein

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello Testmaster,

I have not received a reply from you. Please confirm — did you receive my previous message? Did you resolve your inquiry? Please read the original message below:
              Sent: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 07:00:32 -0700
              To: <>
              Subject: Re: Today my FDAX chart lagged more than a minute

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2338352 ATTN Jonathan Wullstein

Sincerely,
              Jonathan W
              NinjaTrader Platform Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jonathan,

I just send the log files. I hope the 19th is included.

Thanks in advance

Testmaster

Comment

Hello Testmaster,

Thank you for providing that information.

I have a good idea of what the issue is, I just have to ask a couple more questions to fully clarify the situation:
                  • Is this behavior still occurring?
                  • If so, can you please provide me a screenshot of the Utilization Monitor
                  • To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
                    • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
                    • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
                    • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
                    • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then send me a screenshot of it's contents
                      • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
                      • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
                  • Additionally you may want to confirm with the developers of your 3rd Party Add-ons that they are following the correct method when working with the D2D Factory.
                    Please confirm they are in the compliance with the following: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../?8_0_19_1.htm

I also see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
                  • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                  • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                  • Enter your license key and press Submit
                  • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
                  • Select 'Download'
                  • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Link to the ticket: https://ninjatraderplatform.helpspot...&reqid=2341914

Comment

Hello Jonathan,

it didn't occur again. Don't know what happened at this day.
                    I updated my Ninjatrader now.
                    And I make a screenshot after a few minutes of the output window. It is attached.

What is your guess - what happened that day?

Thanks in advance

Testmaster

Comment

Hello Testmaster,

Thank you for your post, I'm very happy to hear that everything is running as it should for you now.

My theory was on the 19th, as well as on the 20th, your platform experienced a D2D error that resulted in a crash.

[>Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x88990001], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_WRONG_STATE/WrongState], Message: Das Objekt befand sich nicht im richtigen Status, um die Methode zu verarbeiten. '
                      >Shutting down NinjaTrader]

When working with D2DFactory to create Direct X resources, this must be done from the charts UI thread otherwise there will be a performance impact. This is now enforced in 8.0.19.0. If your script does not follow this policy it will not be compatible with 8.0.19.0 and a log error will be thrown.

Note that many Chart Rendering Failed messages can be attributed to 3rd party components that are performing custom rendering. If you notice that there is a script on the chart that is performing unorthodox rendering, testing with that component removed should be the first place to start looking.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Mongo
                      by Mongo

Started by Tim-c, Today, 10:58 AM