Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Dumb question about closing positions at market close..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb question about closing positions at market close..

I discussed this with Mike but I was at work and didn't have time to jot it down. At what time does NT start shutting down positions before the daily close?

And one more question. There's one session shortly after closing where it closes again, then it reopens at 6, are both of these sessions treated the same way as the main daily close? Or is the first reopen after closing enough to carry you through the second closing and into the late night?

Your broker is the only important time to consider when asking this question. While most US sessions close at 5PM ET, your broker may have more specific requirements. Please ask your broker this question to confirm.

There are afternoon 'breaks' of 15 minutes in many US futures that are not considered a separate session typically. You can learn more about trading hours by visiting the relevant exchange website. For example, here is the CMEGroup's page about the ES:I cannot stress enough that the import times to keep in mind will be whatever your broker says. Following a particular platform's definition of a 'session' is meaningless for live trading as this the time you need to be "out of a position" is at your broker's discretion.

Comment

Patrick,

Well I picked one of the two NT gace me the option to pick, Philips Capital. I guess I figured the two that are being pushed by NT would be the same

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
      Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post WHICKED