Stop Loss Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Loss Query

I want to change from ProRealTime to Ninjatrader8 but having difficulty in working out exactly what to do to place a Stop Order, ie if going long, to place an order above price, vice versa for short....and where to place any stop loss.

In PRT when I wish to place a Stop order, I simply add, either directly on the chart, or on a order ticket, where I wish to enter, and then input , say 10 pips away where I would wish to exit should the market turn around on me.

I cannot see how to do this on SuperDom as usually where I want to place the Stop Order is out of sight, below or above the visual display.

If I use FX Pro or basic entry, I can input where to place a Stop order, but cannot see, or it is greyed out, where to place my stop loss....or is it a case of placing the order first, then placing an exit point should the market turn around on me, in the SuperDom?

You can use your mouse's scroll wheel to move the SuperDOM ladder up and down so you can submit an order higher or lower on the price ladder. If the SuperDOM automatically centers you on the price, you can disable 'Auto-center' by right-clicking on the SuperDOM > Disable 'Auto-center'.

Here is the help guide section on submitting orders when using the SuperDOM:

If I understand you correctly, your entry order would allow you to choose a 'stop loss' order to be submitted when the entry order filled? If so, this is the exact functionality of ATM strategies. You can learn more about ATM strategies here:

ATM 201 - https://youtu.be/Gnyx8RSp3EI
    ATM 301 - https://youtu.be/DH9y-j64X1U
    Help Guide - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gement_atm.htm

I suspect using ATM strategies attached to your entry orders will resolve the issues you're having on the other order entry windows as well. Instead of manually attempting to place an entry and stop/target, the ATM will do this automatically.

Comment

If I understand you correctly, your entry order would allow you to choose a 'stop loss' order to be submitted when the entry order filled? If so, this is the exact functionality of ATM strategies. You can learn more about ATM strategies here:

Thanks for your reply...in relation to the above, my strategy dictates that a variable stop loss amount is used with different trades....does the ATM strategy only use a preset stop loss?

Comment

You can create as many ATM templates as you need. Each of these could have different stop loss order properties. You would just need to apply the appropriate ATM template to your entry order.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          You can create as many ATM templates as you need. Each of these could have different stop loss order properties. You would just need to apply the appropriate ATM template to your entry order.
          Thanks Patrick, that is brilliant !

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post tsantospinto  
          Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes