Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

P&L not updating in real time, stays stagnant until the sale or short cover is made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P&L not updating in real time, stays stagnant until the sale or short cover is made

In the demo it would move continuously, is there some setting that can fix this? It's hard calculating ticks on the fly sometime

Hello rontronimous,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry.

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put '2342273 Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_ShawnB Done!

Comment

Hello rontronimous,

Thanks for your reply.

I do not see any related errors in the log and trace files. If you rename your database file and try again, do you see the same behavior? Please rename your database with the following steps:
        • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
        • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> DB--> NinjaTrader or NinjaTrader.SDF.
        • Right-click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
        • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
        • Unfortunately, the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results

To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise running regular backups via our inbuilt backup feature in NinjaTrader - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...up_archive.htm

Please let us know if you continue to see the same behavior.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_ShawnB I'll do this ASAP and report back when the market opens Sunday night

Comment

NinjaTrader_ShawnB It didn't work

Comment

It makes it almost impossible to know what your moving PL is which kinda makes it almost impossible to know where you are truly at if you're averaging up or down....I really need to get this fixed asap. Is there anything else I can try? NinjaTrader_ShawnB

Comment

it is expected that the PnL in the accounts tab would only update once the position has closed. The information in the Accounts tab is sent by your broker through the underlying connection technology. Each underlying technology sends certain Accounts tab information. I can see in your files that you're using NinjaTrader Continuum which is a CQG-based feed. CQG-based feeds only provide cash value and realized PnL to NinjaTrader. Please view the table at the bottom of the link below to understand more about what is expected to be received in the Accounts tab based on your connection:

As you've noticed, you can view unrealized PnL in an order entry window (like the SuperDOM). You'd also be able to view unrealized PnL in the Positions tab of the Control Center.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ PatrickS Ah okay, so I need Positions not Account, thanks!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator  
                  Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB