Cannot load historical tick data from FXCM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot load historical tick data from FXCM

The last thread regarding this issue was 2 years ago, for NT 7, so I opened a new one. I have NT 8.14.1.0 , simulation licence.
    I cannot load historical tick data using FXCM connection using a practice account. The connection is working for real time, I see incoming ticks, for both bid and ask . I tried both Ninjatrader FXCM and FXCM servers as preferred connections, under Tools->Options->Market Data->FOREX for real time and historical data. Neither works.
    BTW, once it works, do you know what is limit, backward in time for historical FXCM tick data? Thanks.

I cannot reproduce this on my end. Here are the steps I followed:
    • Connect to an FXCM demo connection (using NinjaTrader's historical servers)
    • Tools > Historical data > Load
    • Instrument = EURUSD
    • Default start and end date (for me this was 06/05/2018-06/12/2018)
    • Intervals = Tick only
    • Data Type = Ask, Bid, Last
    • Download
    • Switch to Edit tab
    • Drill into Historical > EURUSD > Ask > Tick > June 2018 > Choose a date > Choose an hour > Observe data to the right
    • Repeat the above step for 'Bid' and 'Last'

I am able to download historical tick data manually by follow the steps above.

Are the steps you're taking different than mine? If so, what are they?

Could you go into further detail about what you're trying to obtain historical data by manually downloading it? Are you reporting that you see no historical tick data on a chart, for example?

Is 'Get data from server' enabled under Tools > Options > Market Data?

I am curious as to why you configured preferred connections - this settings purpose is to be able to differentiate between multiple data feeds connected simultaneously. Here is a link with more information:

Are you connected to another data feed other than FXCM?

Comment

It seems I misunderstood completely how to load historical data . I was able to get 1 year tick data for EUR/USD , both bid/ask. BTW , is it FXCM data, or proprietary Ninja data kept on Ninja servers ? Not that it matters too much, but may be I misunderstood either.
      Thank you,

Comment

NinjaTrader's historical data is recorded from real-time feeds, however, we do not disclose the source. You may find that our historical data is slightly different than FXCM's. You may choose whichever historical data server you prefer from within the connection.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Gerik
        by Gerik

Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes