Copying indicators from one chart to another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying indicators from one chart to another

A couple of my charts were now showing up to date prices. I use imported CSV as my data. I deleted (through NT) the historical data, reDL & imported. Same problem.

Then I recreated the same offending instrument (BTCEUR). That solved the problem.

Then I discovered by accident that I could COPY & PASTE my EMAs or any other visual object onto the new chart.

However I can only select/mark ONE drawn object at a time. Is it possible to select EVERYTHING drawn on a chart to COPY at the same time?

Better still, being able to select 1 or more indicators from within the list of "implemented indicators" (Indicators Dialog box) and copy these to another chart.....

Hello,

Thanks for posting to the forums.

You can right click on the tab of the chart you are looking at and choose to "Duplicate in a New Window" to make another chart with the same objects and indicators, and then change the instrument as desired from the instrument dropdown menu.

More information can be found below in our Help Guide article regarding this topic:

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I was aware of that, but wanted to avoid copying the whole chart definition. Something about rendering the (recent) prices from the database was corrupted or not working. So I was trying to start fresh.

I may try just coping a whole chart next time I have the same problem.

BTW, often times when I'm importing CSV data (from within the Historical Import part of NT8), I'm importing dates which overlap with existing dates.
      I'm importing Daily prices only (INST.Last.csv). Daily prices are stored in NCD files containing `1 year data each as you know. My imported data usually starts from Jan 1st of the current year. In other words, updating prices by reimporting the entire year. NT imports without error. I do wonder whether I am stressing the NT database by overlapping like that?

Tnx for any comment.

Comment

If you want to duplicate the chart settings and indicators to another open window you can right click in the chart->Templates->Save As->Save the template with a specific name then right click in the other chart->Templates->Load and load the saved template.

I am not aware of any issues when importing the same data multiple times in NinjaTrader.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
          If you want to duplicate the chart settings and indicators to another open window you can right click in the chart->Templates->Save As->Save the template with a specific name then right click in the other chart->Templates->Load and load the saved template.
          Didn't know about templates (I'm sure there's a lot about NT I don't know). Tried a quick template, just brilliant, will save me a lot of work! :-)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NRITV
          by NRITV

Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes