No daily chart available for $JAN but 1 min chart works fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No daily chart available for $JAN but 1 min chart works fine

I've been noticing with highly volatile stocks like $JAN today, there is no daily chart (It's just a blank chart containing no candles). The 2 min. chart works fine however. This is with TDA feed. This isn't an IPO so why is NT unreliable with these big volatile movers. I shouldn't have to go to Yahoo finance for my daily charting when I paid $1200 bucks for your program.

JAN is not a built in instrument in NinjaTrader. Can you clarify what ticker you're referring to specifically? What is '$JAN'?

Does the symptom you're describing occur with a built in symbol like AMD?

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

Hi Patrick,
      JAN IS the ticker symbol. Built in ticker symbol? This is a stock that was in my market analyzer that I manually put there from seeing it in my hot list analyzer. Ninja trader isn't putting out any errors, it just won't output any data on the daily chart.. We're not going to play the stonewall him with questions game like we did when I brought up the issue of market replay not working because the data files kept getting corrupted from both the TDA feed and Kinteic feed. I wasted almost a week off from live trading trying to help you guys troubleshoot that one and I'll bet you still don't have it figured out. I'm just reporting that certain tickers don't show daily charts when they're highly volatile when using TDA feed. You guys figure it out. Meanwhile I'm investigating going to trade station and eat the cost of this POS program since it can't keep up with the competition. This thing is a day trader's nightmare. Especially when you look back at a 2 min. chart and see a candle no longer looks the same as it did in real time and the volume bars won't even display full size in real time but look fine after a few minutes. TDA feed can't be blamed for all of that. Why do you guys keep updating, when you don't even have a basic feature like a scanner or ability to do a one click right mouse button alert directly on a 2 min. chart? Sorry for the harsh tone bro but sometimes you reach a breaking point, ya know? I've been putting up with and making allowances for this program for years. You can't have accurate or reliable trade entries when your data is pooched.

Comment

While I can appreciate your frustration, we can only assist you when we have a complete understanding of what you're reporting. If you'd like us to resolve what you're experiencing, we need as much detail as possible. This is what I asked a few clarifying questions.

Is this the symbol you're referring to?

Save time choosing investments with Schwab's award-winning investment research tools. Access screeners, top picks, expert commentary, detailed quotes, and more.

Can you elaborate on whether or not any other symbols experience this symptom? For example, an AMD daily chart?

Comment

Hi Patrick,
          The symbol is JAN- JanOne Inc. $3.94 this morning. Still no daily chart except for yesterday's single candle. Today we have $GSX $222.75 which is Goldman-Sachs. That is showing 2 candlesticks on the daily. Using NT 18.1 (since later version throws market analyzer exceptions). 18.1 is a stable version. There are no error messages in today's log except failure to resolve symbol SAP which isn't in my market analyzer and isn't even a symbol I brought up for viewing so don't know why TDA is sending me that error message.
          Thanks

Comment

First, I'd like to mention that any errors you experience in 19.1 but not 18.1 are likely due to add-ons that you have which are incompatible with recent changes to NinjaScript. Here is a quote from the release notes:

Attention developers:

•When working with D2DFactory to create Direct X resources, this must be done from the charts UI thread otherwise there will be a performance impact. This is now enforced in 8.0.19.0. If your script does not follow this policy it will not be compatible with 8.0.19.0 and a log error will be thrown. Please contact platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com if any questions.

I would highly suggest that you contact the developers of any custom add-ons you have so they may update their products for use with this recent change. If you're not using any custom add-ons, we'd be very curious to find out what you're experiencing in the newest version as not all users are experiencing the symptom you're describing..

Now, I am also able to reproduce strange behavior from JAN or GSX when connected to TD Ameritrade:So, this symptom seems to be isolated to TD Ameritrade data. I've forwarded this to the Development Team for review and will follow up when I have more information.

If you detect any other instruments behaving unexpectedly while connected to TD Ameritrade, please compile a list and post your findings.

Comment

This issue seems to happen more with low float names that have large range in pre-mkt and are first day movers found in the hot list analyzer. Usually big gappers and price seems to have no bearing on it. I double check yahoo news when this occurs to make sure it's not an IPO or a split or some other excusable anomaly. The two stocks i gave you are an example that this happens on a regular basis. Seems to happen more with rangey, spready, floaty tickers.
              Thanks

Comment

No daily chart available for SNCA Seneca Biopharma

Comment

PNRL (Paringa) No daily chart for this morning.

Comment

EDNT- No daily chart

Comment

We actually just got word back from TD Ameritrade and were able to confirm that JAN seems to know have prior historical data. Can you disconnect/reconnect then confirm if JAN is still experiencing this symptom? Please also test the other symbols you've mentioned so I can forward current information to TD Ameritrade if needed.

Comment

JAN now shows a proper daily chart.
                        PNRL now shows a proper daily chart.
                        EDNT ditto
                        SNCA ditto
                        Today AVTR is not showing a daily.
                        The strange thing is, that I got AVTR by scanning using the TOS platform to build my market analyzer watch list for tomorrow and the TOS platform daily is having no problem displaying a daily for that AVTR symbol.

Comment

Thanks for the further details. We're still working with TD Ameritrade on resolving these data symptoms.

Comment

LULU- error on requesting bar series- error message. Chart won't even load for this symbol. Works fine in TDA think or swim platform however. This is with NT8 ver. 20 bare bones, that I did a clean install of this morning. Only have market Analyzer and 1 min. chart running as my set-up until I can see whether this is a buggy version or not. Have four "the symbol name for LULU is invalid" error msgs. in my log file. Not liking the fact I can't roll back to v.18 if I encounter probs with 20 and TDA as my data feed btw. Have had LULU on watch for days now in MA with 18 and no issues until this update.

Comment

This seems to be unrelated to the original issue in this thread. It looks like LULU does not have mapping for use with TD Ameritrade. Adding the 'LULU' back into the mapping resolves the symptom you've reported:

To get there, go to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments > FInd and select 'LULU > edit > Enter 'LULU' in the mapping field next to TD Ameritrade > OK > Close > Restart NinjaTrader.

I am working with the Development Team to determine how/why this occurred.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DanielSanMartin