Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speed up NT

Hello,

Is there a way to speed up NT? I start the software. It takes at least 5 minutes to load every chart.
    Its all charts of the same instrument. Some are 8 minutes or 1 minutes. I got a IB connection.

Thanks

Hello frankduc,

Thanks for posting.

As a first step, I recommend clearing your cache, as corrupted data in the cache can cause charts to load slowly. I've included instructions for how to do this below:
    • Shut down NinjaTrader.
    • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder.
    • Delete the sub-folders named 'cache', 'tick', 'minute', and 'day'.
    • Restart NinjaTrader and test.
    If this doesn't help, then your charts loading slowly is likely a PC performance issue. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did what you said and now its been 10 minute loading and nothing is showing up.
      It just made things worst.
      In the historical data everything is gone.
      you should of told me i would lose all hist data.

Comment

Hello frankduc,

Thanks for your reply.

If your workspace is taking 10 minutes to load under any circumstance, this indicates a problem with your PC's performance. If you haven't already, I highly recommend taking a look at the link posted in my previous reply that goes over PC performance tips.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Actually if i start NT without any connection charts load right away.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Tyler View Post
            Hello frankduc,

Thanks for posting.

As a first step, I recommend clearing your cache, as corrupted data in the cache can cause charts to load slowly. I've included instructions for how to do this below:
            • Shut down NinjaTrader.
            • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder.
            • Delete the sub-folders named 'cache', 'tick', 'minute', and 'day'.
            • Restart NinjaTrader and test.
            If this doesn't help, then your charts loading slowly is likely a PC performance issue. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
            Hi, this link is not working. Is there a different link?

Comment

Hello psangram ​,

Thank you for your request.

Our Help Guide link is found here for: Performance Tips

Which outline all the best methods for reliable NinjaTrader performance on any computer.

Be sure to install all available updates for your PC from the Windows Settings > Update & Security page. Manually check for updates here, and restart your PC after installing any.

If you are using some third party add-ons,
              Please note that we do not control how well they will perform and the more you ask NinjaTrader to load on your charts, the more it will put pressure on your PC which may result in freezing or laggy behavior. We cannot fix scripts imported from third parties.

Some of the most common performance problems I have seen are related to having too many days loading on your charts; you can check the number of days to load with these steps:

- Right-click on a chart and select Data Series.

- In the "Time Frame" section reduce the number of days to load.

- Click OK to save changes and test.

Another item that can overload your system is the method of calculating the indicators on your charts. Follow these steps to review/adjust the settings:

- Right-click on a chart and select Indicators.

- For each "configured" indicator in the lower left list, check the "Calculation" property on the right. Unless an indicator requires "On every tick", try changing to "On price change" or "On bar close", as these calculations consume fewer resources than "On every tick".

- Click OK to save the changes.

A test you can use to check the rendering delay is to open a SuperDOM window and compare that price to your chart prices. If the graphics prices update with a delay compared to the SuperDOM price, this is a telltale sign of rendering lag and indicates that you may need to lighten your workspace in order to adjust. We understand that this behavior can be frustrating, and is typically related to market movement and occurs at times of high volatility.

( You can also check which scripts are using the most resources by using the "NinjaScript Utilization Monitor".

Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output

Right-click inside the NinjaScript Output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...'.

This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of processing time.

Let this window populate for at least a few minutes. You will then be able to see which NinjaScript, if any, is running at the top of the list and decide if you want to try to delete it).

You can also clear old historical and cache data by doing the following:

- Shut down NinjaTrader 8

- Go to your computer's 'Documents/NinjaTrader 8/db' folder

- Delete the files inside the 'cache', 'day', 'minute', and 'tick' folders.

- Important: Do not remove any other files inside the NinjaTrader 8 Documents folder.

When you restart NinjaTrader 8, you may notice a slightly longer initial load time as all of your historical chart data is re-downloaded, but your overall performance should be better.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or if you continue to experience this behavior.​
              Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
              Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes