Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract Rollover Question

Hi,

The 6S (CHFUSD) June contract expires on June 18 (next Monday), and my broker emailed me to clear my position by June 15 (this Friday). I didn't realize when I entered the trade that this contract was going to expire so soon. Before I entered the trade, I went into Database Management to check for contracts to Rollover and nothing showed.

Is this expected behavior? How do I make it show the next contract ahead of time so I can trade the next contract? Or am I missing something about currency futures that I didn't know about? Because for example with commodities like Oil and Gas, you can rollover days ahead and start trading that one. Whereas with this one it's not showing up.

Thanks,

Enzo

The built-in rollover date for 6S 09-18 is tomorrow (June 15th). If you do the same check in Tools > Database Management, you'll see 6S listed tomorrow and will be able to rollover using that tool.

If you want to rollover before that and continue to merge past contracts, you will need to adjust the rollover date:
    • Control Center > Tools > Instruments
    • Locate and select '6S' > Edit
    • Scroll down and select 'Edit rollovers'
    • Select the '09-18' contract from the 'configured' list
    • Edit the 'rollover date' to any date prior to today > OK > OK > Close
    • Right-click on your chart and select 'reload all historical data'

If you do not want your charts to merge back past contracts, you can change your merge policy to 'Do Not Merge' under Control Center > Tools > Options > Market Data > Global Merge Policy.

Below I have provided a link to the Understanding Merge Policies section of the help guide.
    Typically the built in rollover date is a week or more before the settlement date, however, this case is unique as the settlement date happens to be on a Monday so it is relatively short notice.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post chbruno