• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spencer

I'm making my conversation very simple.

On Dec 3rd,
    Open price & High price is same when you check now, refer image1

But reality the open price is totally different refer image2

After 2hrs of market open I reloaded historical data, then found open = high, refer image 3
    And it is the same in the candlestick charts too on that day not just in market profile charts.

I asked my data vendor about the same, they said the below
    "While platforms like AmiBroker use auto-correction mechanism as soon as the candle completes, you will need to select ‘Refresh’ in MetaStock or ‘Reload Historical Data’ in NinjaTrader during / after market hours, so that the just completed candle shows correct OHLCV values."

If it is your inability to refill data, I condemn you & urge to solve it immediately.
    If it is my data vendor issue "My Global Datafeeds NimbleNT", sue them.

If it is data vendor issue, why did you allow them to provide data without having an adequate plugin?

I'm loosing trust in you, you dont have a standard for third party apps
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...rd-party-tools

Dont you have a standard to approve data vendors? Refer the other ticket with the other data vendor..
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ling-tick-data

You see I'm totally fed-up using your tool and the data vendors, It only costed me time totally.

Attached Files
    Last edited by thgamey; 12-05-2019, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Hello thgamey,

Thank you for your post.

I would first like to clarify that the Global Datafeeds is a 3rd party application and our troubleshooting ability with any 3rd party add-on is limited.

I would first recommend reaching out to your data feed provider to confirm if there is missing Historical Data or note from their servers as we do not have access to that information.

Also, in regards to your issue about the data feed not automatically reloading historical data, this appears to be expected behavior but you may have Global Datafeeds reach out to us directly to work with our Development team to improve this experience at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

Below I have provided a link from our NinjaTrader Help Guide on Historical Data versus Real-Time:
      Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Spencer

Are you serious about the reply? about "this appears to be expected behavior"?

Doesn't Ninjatrader refill?

But the issue here is Open has plotted wrongly, without correct Open it is waste to use what so ever named as advanced trading tool.

Please resolve this at the earliest, Can you ever think how many traders will be affected by this wrong information?

I have forwarded the same to GlobalDataFeeds.

Please do the needful at the earliest.

Comment

Hello thgamey,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader does automatically Load Huisotrical Data however, I am not able to say exactly how NinajTrader works with your 3rd party Datafeed provider other than what they have provided to you as an answer.

NinjaTrader will only report what is provided by the Datafeed provider. You may also change the Open when using IntraDay data by using a different Trading Hours Template.

You may do this by right-clicking in your chart and selecting 'Data Series'. Then changing the option for Trading Hours under 'Time Frame'.

You may test by deleting the cache files and having NinjaTrader reload these files as a test by following the steps below:
          • Shut down NinjaTrader.
          • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder.
          • Delete the sub-folder named 'cache'.
          • Restart NinjaTrader and test.

Comment

Merry Christmas Spencer

You know what, almost everyday what I'm seeing on the current day is different from the next day after closing and reopening of the charts and data feed.

Open or High or Low or close or some data is totally different from the current day, And no matter whichever datafeed I use (GDFL/AccelPix/Truedata)

It is Ninjatrader Incapability or datafeed?

Comment

Hello thgamey,

Thank you for your post.

So that I may better assist, please take screenshots of the entire chart window with the Data Box visible and the same bar selected of a before and after a reload of the charts to show this discrepancy.

Also, who is your current data feed provider?

What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 12-19, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.

Comment

Hi Spencer

It happens time to time and not often will have time to notice the same

If I could notice the same and retrieve it would be asking as a request, And It is many time, even my friends say ORderFlow stack appears and after hours it disappears.
                But how do we know the current data goes missing??

The data was provided to you earlier since it was a screenshot took for further studies and then noticed data was missing with me and my friends as well, so that I could reproduce the difference, please do further work from here.

The data feed on those days was Global data feed with me and with my friends as well and all others used ver 19 or 20 whichever recent that day.

Instrument name BANKNIFTY_I

Hope it clarifies
                Last edited by thgamey; 01-02-2020, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Hello thgamey,

I am following up with Global Datafeeds and will update you when I have further information. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.
                  Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Hello,

I haven't been posting but the same thing keeps happening chunks of data go missing (on ninjatrader data feed and fxcm data feed). When I leave my platform running over night and reload a new currency pairs it gets worse more data is missing. Look we can do this forever going back and forth but if no one addresses the issue, that this has not to do with the data provider and that there is probably a bug in the platform nothing is going to get done (there are a bunch of other post that report the same thing(. Years back I heard that ninjatrader had a great reputation but the reports on the past few year haven't been good.

Comment

Hello thgamey,

To keep this simple I wanted to make sure I understood exactly the problem that you are having:
                      - You open a new 5 minute BANKNIFTY_I chart
                      - You see one bar which is not correct at this point and that is the last bar on the chart (the currently building bar)
                      - This bar would continue being wrong until you reloaded all historical data

Is that correct?

If so,Global Data Feeds response is correct and NinjaTrader does not currently provide any faculty for providers to 'modify' already built bars after the fact. This is because NinjaTrader supports custom bar types among other things which would not work properly with a concept like that.

Hello RMachado,

I believe you are referring to issues with historical data in your last post -> I would suggest to spawn your own thread (or email platform support directly) in case you wanted to discuss any individual case in detail.

Thanks

Comment

Hello

Don't mislead the issue in different path.

1) I didn't open the chart somewhere in the middle, It is the market start and Ninjatrader showed wrong chart not just to me and my friends as well.
                        2) The other scenario is, The stacks appearing in OrderFlow is disappearing time to time.

Please resolve the issues before its too late.

Comment

Hello thgamey,

1) You are opening a 5 minute BANKNIFTY_I chart before the market opens and you are observing the first bar after the market opened is incorrect?
                          2) I would need more information to assist further on this:
                          • What data specifically is disappearing? Do you have a screenshot?
                          • When do you notice this occur and with what instrument and chart?

Comment

Read the posts from beginning, you will get the answer.

Comment

Hello thgamey,

I have read the entire thread and I am asking you questions to help us reach some actual steps that we could test to reproduce the issues you are experiencing. Then we could make an informed decision whether you are hitting a limitation of the platform and if so how you might workaround the issue.

Thanks

Comment

Michael

As you ask,

1) Yup, you are correct, I had 5 minute candlestick chart & 30 Minute Market profile chart loaded before the market open.

2.1) When market opened, the open price is below high which is shown in image-1.
                                2.2) Later in the day, when I reloaded the chart I noticed Open and high was same as shown in image 2 & 3 which is totally different from open.

The above scenario didn't happen just to me, It happened to my friends as well.

Apart from this many times, Tick Data appearing in OrderFlow is disappearing from time to time..

Let me know if you in need further details on the same.

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                                Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes