X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misleading charts due to lack of auto refill

Hi
    Auto refill is not happening and shows incomplete charts

Charts are correctly shown only after ‘Reloading of Historical Data’ in NinjaTrader time to time.

When I asked my data vendor, they said Ninjatrader is no capable of refilling automatically, only after reloading historical data completed candle shows correct OHLCV values.

Why is this happening?? advanced tool without auto refill??

Please come up with a solution.

Hello thgamey,

Thank you for your note.

Is your account currently enabled for real time data for the instruments on your charts?

Who is your data provider? Do you receive any errors in the Log tab of the Control center? If so, what do they say?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Chris

I have got connected with the datafeed which is real time.

What do you mean "account currently enabled for real time data for the instruments on your charts?"

Globaldatafeeds nimblentlite is my current data provider.

Few error's has occured, I've Attached the trace, pls look and guide me.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello thgamey,

Thank you for your post.

Please note that due to the information contained within your log and trace it is not advised to post these files directly on the forum. They have been removed for your privacy.

To answer your inquiry about 'account currently enabled for real-time data for the instruments on your charts?', when using a Datafeed, this connection will not receive live data for any instruments unless that enablement for that specific exchange or instrument is applied to the account.

As an example, if you would like to receive data for the ES futures instrument you would need to have an enablement for the CME exchange to receive live data and the way these are handled vary with each Broker/Datafeed provider.

With that said I would recommend reaching out to your Datafeed provider to ensure that you are enabled for the instruments you are wanting to view.

I also see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
        I also was able to find a few error messages pertaining to your custom indicators that you have applied in your charts:
        • 2019-11-29 16:29:38:704 ERROR: Indicator 'Bell MarketProfile-PRO © 2019': Error on calling 'OnRender' method on bar 57: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        • 2019-11-29 16:30:45:033 ERROR: '' tried to load additional data. All data must first be loaded by the hosting NinjaScript in its configure state. Attempted to load BANKNIFTY_I Nse: 3 Minute
        • 2019-11-29 16:31:20:958 ERROR: Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x88990016], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_PUSH_POP_UNBALANCED/PushPopUnbalanced], Message: The push and pop calls were unbalanced. '
          • This is caused by improper code used in OnRender()
        Please let me know if you are still experiencing the same after updating and ensuring you are enabled for Real-time data with your Datafeed provider.
        Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Spencer

Thanks you very much for safe guarding my privacy.

Yes, I'm enabled with the live datafeed.

My actual problem is, I had refill issue or wrong chart been shown recently.

The correct data is open of the day was equal to High, but the ninjatrader showed me different chart.

This not only happened with Version 8.0.16.3, but It is the same with Version 8.0.19.1 as well.

pls look at attachment, white background chart is before reload of data, black background chart is after refill of data.

And my data vendor said, While platforms like AmiBroker use auto-correction mechanism as soon as the candle completes, you will need to select ‘Refresh’ in MetaStock or ‘Reload Historical Data’ in NinjaTrader during / after market hours, so that the just completed candle shows correct OHLCV values.

Please solve these kind of basic issues, not every-time a trader can reload or know some data is missing.

Please make it user-friendly.

Thank you.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by thgamey; 11-30-2019, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Hello thgamey,

Thank you for your post.

I would like to confirm a few more things to get a better understanding of your platform's configuration as I am not familiar with MetaStock being used for live data with NinjaTrader.

What provider are you using for your connection? It may be found by following the steps below:
            • Go to the Control Center > Connections > Configure
            • Select you connection under 'Configured'
            • The adapter name will to the right of 'Credentials'
            • Highlighted in the screenshot below by the red box
            I would also like to ensure that you have 'get data from the server' option is enabled by following these steps:
            • Go to the Control Center > Tools > Options > Market Data section
            • Ensure that the 'Get data from server' option is checked
            • Click 'OK' to save any changes
            Lastly, I would then like to test by loading a 5-minute chart without any templates or custom indicators applied. Does this still show the same behavior as before?

Comment

Hello,

I have been having this problem too it's been happening often.

Comment

Hello RMachado,

Thank you for your post.

Do you experience the same after following the steps I posted above?

I see that this is with a custom instrument for the NIFTY Futures, is the next contract roll date set to a date prior to today?

Comment

Spencer

All these settings are already set, please fix the issues.

Comment

Hello,

The settings are right and I don't have any indicators running.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your posts.

I will still need what kind of connection you are using to know how to proceed.

What provider are you using for your connection? It may be found by following the steps below:
                      • Go to the Control Center > Connections > Configure
                      • Select your connection under 'Configured'
                      • The adapter name will to the right of 'Credentials'
                      • Highlighted in the screenshot below by the red box
                      Attached Files

Comment

Spencer

The provider of my connection is "My Global Datafeeds NimbleNT"

But right now the issue is "Auto refill is not happening most of the times in NT8"

Refer the above image posted on "11-30-2019, 12:12 AM"

Please solve the issue at the earliest.

Comment

Originally posted by RMachado View Post
                          Hello,

I have been having this problem too it's been happening often.
                          I have also experienced a similar problem trading mainstream US futures and Eurex future instruments where the data service is NT Brokerage! There have been a number of random instances over some months where some of my charts look incorrect and then I find they are missing data. It happens on the very latest NT8 release but I have also experienced it on earlier versions as well.As far as I can tell it occurs on charts that require tick data to build the bar

Comment

Originally posted by FMtrader View Post

I have also experienced a similar problem trading mainstream US futures and Eurex future instruments where the data service is NT Brokerage! There have been a number of random instances over some months where some of my charts look incorrect and then I find they are missing data. It happens on the very latest NT8 release but I have also experienced it on earlier versions as well.As far as I can tell it occurs on charts that require tick data to build the bar
                            Second what FMtrader is saying with the difference that I only watch Forex.
                            My connection is FXCM.

Comment

Hello thgamey,

Thank you for your post.

I am not familiar with that data feed and not certain of the underlying API.

Could you please write into Platform Support to resolve your issues by following the steps below:

Going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2346881 ATTN Spencer F.

Also to address FMtrader and RMMachado, these issues may not be related as it appears that there are different data feeds in play with each of your platforms and there are multiple factors to consider with this behavior.

If you are currently experiencing this behavior then I would recommend writing into PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com so that we may best assist you.

Some simple troubleshooting steps to take would be to right-click in your charts and select 'Reload all Historical Data' or to restart your platform.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ScottWalsh  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
                              0 responses