Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Release of NT Freezing

Hi,

I have the new version of NT... release 14.2. I find that if I make changes to an indicator, recompile it, and go to a chart ot releload it, the chart freezes. Furthermore, also had an unusual error on loading NT data series this morning relating to unhandled invocation of target.

Hello Zeos6,

Thank you for your post.

I created a simple indicator to test this and was not able to reproduce.
    • What elements are in your indicator that you saw this behavior with?
    • Are you using custom rendering? If so, can you detail a bit on what you are rendering?
    • What changes are you making to the script?
    • If possible can you attach the indicator to your response or send it over to us at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the email?

You can export your indicator by going to Tools > Export > NinjaScript Add On > Add > select your indicator > OK > Export > name the file 'NTsupport' > Save.
    The file will be located under Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\ExportNinjaScript.

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hi PatrickH,

Yes, I am using custom rendering. It was working just fine in prior versions of NT. The only changes I have made are as follows:

1. Created a custom series of type Tuple<int, int> to hold bar data. The lookback on the series is MaximumBarsLookBack.Infinite. The series is synced in State.DataLoaded. Is this the best place for it or should this be done in State.Configure?

2. In OnRender(), when painting, I use TriggerCustomEvent() to sync the pointers so I can retrieve the current value of my custom series at the index I need. I wonder if this issue of NT freezing is a result of using a custom series and the TriggerCustomEvent.

Edit: I am doing the actual rendering inside the TriggerCustomEvent(). This might be the issue. Is there a cleaner/more efficient way to sync the pointers to the custom series before I render?
      Last edited by Zeos6; 06-15-2018, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Hello Zeos6,

Thank you for your response.

1. DataLoaded is the correct place to sync the "series".
        2. Can you detail what pointers you are referring to? Can you detail what is occurring in the TriggerCustomEvent further?

Comment

Hi PatrickH,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate the clarification on "syncing" the data series.
          The "pointers" I was referencing simply meant all the things required to sync the series.

As an aside, I have noticed the following...

Sometimes, when the NT charts freeze, they do eventually come back - not always, but occasionally they start to function again on their own. When this happens, the chart starts to backfilll the bars and the indicator works again. Furthermore, there are NO error or warning messages logged in the trace files or the log files.It therefore appears that this could be an NT db issue - perhaps related to retrieving bar data.

Comment

Hello Zeos6,

Would you be willing to let us test the indicator or perhaps you could create a test version that simplifies the indicator to just the parts that cause the behavior?

Comment

Hi PatrickH,
              Sure. I'd appreciate it. Email it to you at platform support?

Comment

Hello Zeos6,

Please send it over to us at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the email.

You can export your indicator by going to Tools > Export > NinjaScript Add On > Add > select your indicator > OK > Export > name the file 'NTsupport' > Save.
                The file will be located under Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\ExportNinjaScript.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post XXtrader  
                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes