Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FXCM Demo Connection under IB Lifetime Licence

Hi,

I've just purchased the Ninjatrader Lifetime License (Brokerage: IB), and activated it. This changed - as you are probably well aware - the connection providers I can choose. That in turn deleted my (free) Ninjatrader FXCM connection, which I used/needed for historical tick data (which IB does not offer unfortunately). How do I reconnect the free datafeed of FXCM to my licensed NT8 (IB) version? Please note, that I merely want to use the FXCM connector (which is already there and can be used in parallel with the IB connector in the free version too) and do not want to engage in any live trading with FXCM (in which case I would have purchased the multibrokerage version, of course).

Thanks and regards

Heinrich Huerter
    Last edited by heinrichhuerter; 12-01-2019, 08:38 AM.

Hello heinrichhuerter,

Thank you for your post.

Both Interactive Brokers and FXCM are brokerage technologies. If you wish to access both FXCM and Interactive Brokers on a Lifetime License Key then you would need to have a Multi-Broker License Key regardless if you are only using FXCM as a data-feed provider. FXCM is a brokerage and can only be enabled as a brokerage on a License Key.

Please email our Platform Sales team directly at PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader.com with a copy of your License Key so that we can assist you with your inquiry in further detail.

Please let me know if I may provide any further clarification.
    Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Thomas,

that explanation seems rather strange to me, since with a free version I'm allowed/able to connect two different Funded/Live-Brokerages to Ninjatrader without any problems. Even if I am not (natively) able to place live trades (although one could through the brokerages respective APIs of course), according to the stated logic the live-feed alone would qualify them as two different brokerage technologies. This all makes the scope of features of the free version and especially this ad https://ninjatrader.com/FreeLiveData look a bit misleading. I bought Ninjatrader for two reasons - the IB-API-Client (which would save me time and potential troubles programming it myself) and native renko charts (which are dependent on tick data, that seemed to be free up until now). In other words, I did not gain much by paying 1100 dollars for a license, which - in a way - restricts the scope of featues of the free version. Is there any alternative regarding free historical tick data for licensed NT8 versions? And if not, do you offer refunds?

Comment

Hello heinrichhuerter,

Thank you for your post

A Lifetime License Key will allow you to submit your live trades to your account at Interactive Brokers and offers access to the advanced features such as the Order Flow+ Indicators.

Please email our Platform Sales team directly at PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader.com with a copy of your License Key so that we can assist you with your inquiry in further detail.

I am not aware of a provider who would provide Free historical tick data, however, you could use the Kinetick End of Day Connection for Free End of Day data including daily, weekly, monthly and yearly timeframes.

Because the Kinetick End Of Day feed is preconfigured with every installation, you will not need a login ID or password for this connection. Simply go to File > Connect > Kinetick – End Of Day (free).

If you would like to receive real-time data and create charts on an intra-day interval, you will want to subscribe to a real-time Kinetick feed.

Kinetick has been optimized to be the fastest, most stable, and most affordable data solution for the NinjaTrader platform. The Basic Service package for $65/month includes historical data for most supported markets and is our base fee for receiving market data. Real-time quotes can be added per exchange to suit your data needs.

You can view more information on Kinetick at the link below:

Please let me know if I may provide any further clarification.

Comment

Hi Thomas,

regarding:

"Please email our Platform Sales team directly at PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader.com with a copy of your License Key so that we can assist you with your inquiry in further detail."

I would like to keep this conversation public for a number of reasons. Could you please comment on my question regarding refunds? I found a few additional problems, that render the additions bought through the license close to useless for me. The biggest one being: no brokerage specific/dedicated order handling documentation. By searching through scattered forum comments I also found out that sending packaged bracket orders to IB is also not supported (that would be the most common usecase for any person or system I know). Using the simplified order commands for strategies (e.g. EnterLong(quantity)) also does not work correctly, but instead produced multiple duplicate market entries on the broker side (while filtering the entries with BarsSinceLastEntry, IsFirstTickOfBar AND local OCO simulation??!). With all those problems I would be far better of using the free ninjatrader version for now while handling order submission on my own.

regarding:

"A Lifetime License Key will allow you to >> submit your live trades to your account at Interactive Brokers << and offers access to the advanced features such as the Order Flow+ Indicators."

This does not hold true for automated systems in my opinion. At least not without a lot of additional programming effort on the customers end.

Therefore any support regarding a refund would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hello heinrichhuerter,

This is Chris following up on behalf of Thomas.

NinjaTrader's policy is that all sales are final and we do not offer refunds for the cost of a live license key. We make this policy publicly available on our website and within our Terms of Service Agreement, so I can not make any exceptions.

When you are trading with Interactive Brokers, pending orders in a "Working" or "Accepted" state either reside at the exchange or on Interactive Brokers' servers. The OCO ID linking a pair of stop loss and profit target orders will also function on Interactive Brokers' servers. That being said, your NinjaScript strategy will function locally on your PC. This means that you will need to be running NinjaTrader and remain connected to Interactive Brokers for the strategy to submit trades or modify pending orders.

I hope this clarifies things.

Comment

Hello heinrichhuerter ,

NinjaTrader's no refunds policy is stated in the terms of use provided upon the installation of NinjaTrader and during the purchasing process.

I have included our refunds policy below: http://ninjatrader.com/FAQ#!FAQ_PlatformLicensing
              Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey ChristopherD,

thanks for the clarification. Discarding refunds, regardless of the situation/reason is a bit of a shame in my opinion (especially if one stands behind his product, which you guys generally seem to do) but I get that I missed to check your Terms of Service Agreement properly. I do understand the mentioned technical aspects of order management. Since I started using the unmanaged order types exclusively, things are getting better, although currently I'm struggeling with IB rejecting half of the pending orders I submit for whatever reason. But I will get to the bottom of that one myself . Well, I'll have to live with my investment it seems. So I will try to make the best of it instead of complaining to you people who neither wrote the software nor the Terms of Service Agreement I suppose .

For the people that arrive here via search: IB actually started delivering short term historical tick data with one of their latest API versions and the data seems to work fine with Ninjatrader8.

Comment

Hello heinrichhuerter,

Thank you for your post.

I would suggest emailing our Platform Support Team at PlatformSupport[at]ninjatrader.com regarding your pending orders being rejected with your Interactive Brokers account. They will be able to investigate this further and clarify why you may be experiencing these orders being rejected.

Please let me know if we may offer any additional assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                  Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes