Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TD Ameritrade setup

Hi
    I was able to set up the connection to TDA now after support team helped with my lifetime license key but I keep getting this error message as attached.
    I have the live working credential for their thinkorswim platform already.

NT still has to do something so I can get the live streaming data?
    Attached Files

Did nt7 work?

looks like tda needs to allow access.

Comment

This message indicates that you're entering the login credentials in incorrectly. Specifically, it's likely the incorrect password. Please contact TD Ameritrade to confirm your login credentials and tat your account is enabled for use with third party platforms like NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hi,

Can TD Ameritrade and Continuum data feed be combined? I currently have continuum data feed with lifetime ninjatrader license, but it doesn't support ^VIX data. I also have a funded TD Ameritrade live account, so can i get the ^VIX data from TD Ameritrade and futures data from continuum? Thanks in advance.

Comment

^VIX is mapped for use with TD Ameritrade. You can connect to NinjaTrader Continuum and TD Ameritrade simultaneously, however, the feeds cannot be 'combined' per se. You would have to choose which connection you wanted all of your index data to come from. More information about multiple connections can be found here:

If you plan on trading, you would also need a multibroker key to accomplish this.

Comment

thanks patrick, so I need to get is multibroker key. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
              ^VIX is mapped for use with TD Ameritrade. You can connect to NinjaTrader Continuum and TD Ameritrade simultaneously, however, the feeds cannot be 'combined' per se. You would have to choose which connection you wanted all of your index data to come from. More information about multiple connections can be found here:

If you plan on trading, you would also need a multibroker key to accomplish this.
              Patrick, I understand that a multibroker key is required to trade through multiple brokers, but it seems from what you wrote that someone with a singlebroker key and NinjaTrader brokerage account can connect to NinjaTrader Continuum and TD Ameritrade data-feeds simultaneously, so long as all the trading is through the NinjaTrader account. Is that what you intended to convey?

Comment

You cannot connect to NinjaTrader Continuum and TD Ameritrade with a single broker key as these are both brokers and would therefore require a multi-broker key. If you do not plan on trading, you could connect to both of these using the simulated license key which I provided in the other forum thread in which you've been discussing this same matter.

It would be best to keep the conversation to one thread in order to prevent any confusion.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post chbruno