Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Save Playback Progress Between Sessions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save Playback Progress Between Sessions?

Hi there. New user, really enjoying the platform, but...

When trying out a new price action strategy, I like to papertrade for at least a week or so. Because I'm looking at price action, I require manual trade execution; automated backtesting won't work for me. I'm interested in performance data over a long period of time, longer than I can trade during a single session, but I don't see a way to save day-to-day progress so that I can pick up where I left off (and wind up with useful metrics). My papertrade account just seems to reset every session.

I assume I'm missing something obvious here, but hoped someone might have some thoughts on how to go about this.

Best, Chris.
    Last edited by nulldumpz; 12-02-2019, 12:49 PM.

Hello nulldumpz,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Ninjatrader Forums!

If you are paper trading with live data (demo account or funded with a simulation account) and are using the Sim101 account then yes at the end of the session the daily trade data is cleared to make way for the current/next session (this would also be true for a live funded account). In this case you can use the New>Trade Performance to generate the report statistics of your previous days because your trades are saved into your database. Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...erformance.htm

If you are using the Playback connection, then each time you change the start date/time the Replay101 account is reset and the data/statistics are gone as they are not saved in your database. In this case what you can do is to generate the trade performance report after performing your trades but before changing the start date or time (or closing the connection) and then export that report data to a spreadsheet and just accumulate the trade data as you perform. There are no means to import the trade data back in so further statistical analysis would need to occur external to NinjaTrader.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ah, okay. Yes, I'm using the Playback connection and had been doing that.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

Is there an existing feature request for the ability to export Playback101 trading data in a format that can be imported back for viewing in the Trade Performance window? This would be incredibly helpful.

There is really no way for Excel to do what the Trade Performance tool does, without basically coding the TP features into a spreadsheet. And even then it would be impossibly difficult to supply Excel with all the proper data, first having to export a spreadsheet file for each possible TP view, and then combining them all into one.

If the Trade Performance feature could include an option to export a file containing all the trade data for the generated report, and then import it for analysis later, that would be unbelievably useful.
        Last edited by tradgrad; 01-06-2021, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Hello tradgrad,

Thanks for your post.

I will submit a feature request based on your post and will update this thread when that has been added to the system. If an existing feature request would cover this then your vote would be added to that.

In either case, once I have the feature request number, I will update this thread.

Thanks for your interest to improve NinjaTrader.

Comment

Did this feature request ever get officially made and assigned a number?

Comment

Hello tradgrad,

Thanks for your reply and interest.

I submitted the request on January 6th, and it is in the queue to be reviewed/processed.

When the request is processed I will update this thread with the feature request number.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 01-14-2021, 09:29 AM. Reason: Forgot to add submit date.

Comment

Hello Tradgrad,

Thanks for your patience.

Your vote has been added to the existing feature request SFT-3993, "Save Trade Performance report so it can be loaded and viewed at a later time (especially helpful for Playback)".

Feature Request Disclaimer
                We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.
                When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.
                Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Hi, im also quite interested in this feature, probably more on keeping the account balance of the Playback101 after disconnecting to playback.
                  Is there any place where the future releases are shown? just for my knowledge, is there any planning date/release for this feature?

Comment

Hello danielalzate,

Thanks for your reply and welcome to the Ninjatrader Forums!

We have added your vote to this feature request.

No, there is no planned release date of this feature at this time. The feature request remains open. "We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing."

Here is a link to the help guide release notes section where you can find the release notes of each version. The release notes will identify specific features added and bug fixes. https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Ways to guage trade strategies while using journal to label the strategy as you trade in playback mode would be most beneficial. Being able to continue where you left off in playback mode would be extreemely helpful when trying to guage mulitple strategies in playback mode. I think Ninja Trader has the potential of being the leading provider with simulated playback data and these features would make it a clear leader. Therefore, prioritizing this feature request is very justifiable. These streaming/online providers are clearly limited with simulation offerings. Also, It would be really nice to be able to have the strategy labeled at the point of execution on the chart itself. Ultimately being able to test multiple strategies and having a clear way of distinguishing them from one another to further measure perfomance would be very hellpul.
                      Last edited by sashol3; 01-08-2024, 08:38 PM.

Comment

sashol3 Given that it's been nearly 3 years on this thread (and the general track record of NT neglecting popular feature requests) I would not get your hopes up.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                        Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                        7 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB