Emini, NQ charts charts are always off by atleast 1 tick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emini, NQ charts charts are always off by atleast 1 tick

They candles never really smoothly transition from one bar to the next.
    I tried "general properties", "future expires" and "symbol mappings" are checked and clicked update.
    "filter bad ticks" with value of .1 Broker is Phillip and real-time data with level 2 from CQG.
    What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for posting to the forums.

Please use the steps below to change/check your Time Zone and sync the PC clock:
    • Close NinjaTrader.
    • Open the Windows Control Panel
    • Select Date and Time
    • Press 'Change time zone...'.
    • Set the time zone and press 'OK'.
    • Click on Internet Time tab.
    • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
    • Ensure to check for a message under the Update button that says it was successful.
    • If it did not properly sync, even after a few tries, try manually setting your PC clock and then syncing.

Your PC clock should now be updated.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,
      I tried that it still doesn't work. time.nist.gov seems to been down, so I used time.windows.com and the update was successful. But that did not help.
      Do you have any other suggestions ? In the trading hours option I have "use instrument settings". I tried CME futures RTH and ETH. Still doesn't help.

Thanks.

Comment

Can you tell me what time interval chart you are loading so I may look into this further.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm using the Range chart with a value 4.

Comment

When viewing a Range chart with the way these bars are built there will be a 1 tick difference between the Close and Open of the next bar created therefore in instance may appear as a gap. For example if the Close of the bar is at 8298.00 the Open of the next bar would be 8298.25.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over "Understanding Range bars".

Comment

Right, lets name them current bar and next bar. Lets say in a 4 range bar, 4 ranges end at 8298.00. The next one is 8298.25 and so a new bar is opened. won't the space between 8298.00 and 8298.25 be green on the next bar ? instead of a gap ?

Comment

Since there is no value between the price 8298.00 and 8298.25 this would present a gap from one bar to the next.

Comment

Had a support call with NinjaTrader today, and the rep. agreed to what I was pointing out.
                  There is a feature request for the same: SFT 14401

Could everyone reading this add your vote to the feature request by email : [email protected]
                  with the subject "Please add my vote to feature request SFT 14401"
                  The charts will be concise and accurate with no gaps.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by maindoor View Post
                    Had a support call with NinjaTrader today, and the rep. agreed to what I was pointing out.
                    There is a feature request for the same: SFT 14401

Could everyone reading this add your vote to the feature request by email : [email protected]
                    with the subject "Please add my vote to feature request SFT 14401"
                    The charts will be concise and accurate with no gaps.

Thank you.
                    Each bar is a separate object that must accurately describe its price structure. The new bar opened one tick (or more) higher than the previous bar (by definition and design). That is the correct description of the bar. Adding an artifice to lower the open is fakery that would mess with backtesting, optimization and reality. If the new bar ticks down, it will be correctly reflected in the description of the bar, graphically and data-wise. Consider a new bar that takes off and never ticks down. Drawing that new bar with a tick lower to close a real gap would be a falsehood.
                    Last edited by koganam; 12-07-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                      Drawing that new bar with a tick lower to close a real gap would be a falsehood.

I tend to agree with K here.. Something like this would be better addressed with a custom Bar or ChartStyle..

Although I've never tested this.. Looks like a custom No-Gap ChartStyle was posted in the UserAppShare..

This chart style is identical to the standard NinjaTrader candlestick style except that it uses the previous candle's closing value for the current candle's open value (except when the current bar is the first bar of a session). This eliminates single tick gaps between intraday bars when the last price changes on the first tick […]

Maybe that, or something similar would work for you? Just a thought..

Good Luck...

-=Edge=-
                      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post algospoke  
                      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM