encrypting file system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

encrypting file system

I replaced NT7 by NT8 and installed my custom indicators. Suddenly I get the next message:"Make backup from certificates and keys of file encryption"
    But I don't use encryption at all. The message appeared after installing my custom indicators. With only the preinstalled indicators I had not such a message.
    Just ignore it???

update: I checked if I have any encrypted files. But there are none. Apparently has nothing to do with Ninjatrader.

1. Open the Command Prompt(Admin).

2. Copy and paste this command, press Enter: cipher /u /h > %UserProfile%\Desktop\Encrypted-Files.txt

3. When finished, close the command prompt.

4. You will now have a Encrypted-Files.txt file on your desktop with a list of all encrypted files on your system.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the forums.

This sounds like it may have been related to an encrypted code file from a third party indicator, perhaps, and would want to reach out to them directly in the event you can't backup from the standard backup file if this is the case- can you clarify if this was resolved or not?

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
      Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I installed a "free" indicator from a third party provider (I will not post his company name, but I know which one it is) who is offering free indicators for ninjatrader. After installing that indicator I wanted to modify the code, but I noticed that the code was protected, so i could not see what really happened on my PC. I immediatelly removed that "free" indicator. I think that the "free" indicator was the cause.

I found no encrypted files at all on my PC. If the message pops up again I will tick the box "NEVER BACKUP" so that the message never comes back again.

I make weekly complete backups from my computer, so if I have problems I restore the previous backup and go from there.

It would be usefull if for each free indicator third parties should be forced to mention if the code is fully open source or not. If it is fully open source you know what you get, if it is not visible you might get a virus or spyware. My appetite for "free" indicators is ccompletelly over.
        Last edited by marcus2300; 12-04-2019, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post elirion
        by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes