NT8 30min bars not same as NT7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 30min bars not same as NT7

I think this was discussed 3 years ago... but perhaps re day bars ...

My issue is, CL 30 min chart... I am seeing quite different bars on NT8 (which I use for trading), but have noticed the bars are different on other platforms... Tradestation, Etrade... and also different to NT7 chart.

I suspect it has something to do with trading hours setting... I have <Use instrument settings>, nothing weird.

Can somebody please help so my NT8 charts look the same as my trading buddies?

Cheers,

Daily bars would be explained by the fact that NinjaTrader 7 data providers used RTH while NinjaTrader 8 data provides use ETH for the daily bar. This would make the daily bar different between the platforms when connected to the same feed and is expected.

Minute-based bars should, in general, be identical if all settings are also identical. Please provide screenshots which demonstrate the discrepancy you're describing:
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Hey Patrick... had a screengrab all ready to send... did some checking, and found if I set (on NT8) Break at EOD... it all lines up.

Without that... I get this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	NT7 vs NT8 bars.png
Views:	231
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1079887
      So... problem resolved ...
      Cheers,
      T.
      Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts