Removing 3rd party indicators and file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing 3rd party indicators and file

HI. I am wondering if there is anyway to remove or "uninstall" a third party indicator once it is imported via the NinjaScript Add-on menu?

I would like to be able to add a 3rd party indicator, test it, and then remove it and all it's associated files so my system stay's as close to a "default" configuration as possible.

Does NT8 have an "uninstall add-on" function?

Hello ralett,

Thanks for posting.
    • Add-ons can come as packages called 'assemblies'.An assembly can be removed by going to Tools > Remove NinjaScript Assembly > Select the assembly you wish to remove > Remove.
    • To remove NinjaScript individually you can go to New > NinjaScript Editor > Double click on the 'Indicators' (or the relevant) folder > Right click on the add-on you wish to remove and select 'Remove'. Repeat these steps for all add-ons you wish to remove.
    Please let me know if you require any additional assistance.
    Sergey S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What if the indicator does not show up in the list? How do you manually remove the indicator??

Comment

To clarify is the indicator not showing within the Remove NinjaScript Assembly list? If so to remove the indicator manually go to New > NinjaScript Editor > Double click on 'Indicators' in the right column > Right click on the add-on you wish to remove and select 'Remove'.​
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
          To clarify is the indicator not showing within the Remove NinjaScript Assembly list? If so to remove the indicator manually go to New > NinjaScript Editor > Double click on 'Indicators' in the right column > Right click on the add-on you wish to remove and select 'Remove'.​
          NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ​, I'm getting 3 errors in my log. They are...

1) Indicator 'PriceBeamLinear'. Error on calling 'OnStateChange' method. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

2) Indicator 'PriceBeam'. Error on calling 'OnStateChange' method. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

3) Unable to create instance of NinjaScript 'FinalNT8Indicator'. Most likely either the implementation no longer exists, there is no default constructor defined, the default constructor does not work correctly, or the 'OnStateChange' implementation for State=SetDefaults is flawed. System.MissingMethodException: Constructor on type 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.FinalNT8Indica tor' not found.

None of these 3 are listed in the 'Remove NinjaScript Assembly' or the 'NinjaScriptEditor'.

After I updated NT8 yesterday, I started having problems. Opening or changing a chart freezes NT8. I can close a chart and use CC normally. I have no idea if these errors are involved but I'd like to correct them as well as address the chart issues I'm having.

I thank you in advance for your help and look forward to getting this resolved. JM

Comment

****EDIT**** I should point out that all 3 of the indicators showing errors do show up in the indicator list using Ctrl+I.
            See the pic for the first 2 but FinalNT8Indicator is there too.
            Attached Files

Comment

If the indicators are not listed in the Remove NinjaScript Assembly window please use the steps below to remove the add-ons:
              • Go to the Control Center
              • New->NinjaScript Editor
              • Open the Indicator folder in the right column
              • Right click on the indicators generating the errors and select Remove
              • Restart NinjaTrader
              Next I suggest reinstalling the add-ons and if you continue to receive the same errors please contact the vendor who provided each add-on to verify if they have had this reported by other users using their add-on within NinjaTrader.
              Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jclose
              by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
              10 responses